• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done that man!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done that man!

On the train this morning, some individual got on with some kind of device under his arm blaring out reggae music. Odd looking contraption - a cylindrical shape with a strap around it but anyway, he was determined his selfish indulgence was for the delectation of the rest of the carriage too.

Until, that is, a stiffly suited middle aged gentleman in the seat in front stood up and said "Turn that off please" in such a curt, authoritative tone that our miscreant promptly complied.

We need more of these sorts of people. Whenever I witness antisocial behaviour on a train I'm always relying on someone like this to step up, as they always would have done in the past, but sadly ,these days, they're rarely forthcoming. And let me tell you, they're needed! This phenomenon of foisting music on your fellow passengers is a growing menace.

People are getting more inconsiderate everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      On the train this morning, some individual got on with some kind of device under his arm blaring out reggae music. Odd looking contraption - a cylindrical shape with a strap around it but anyway, he was determined his selfish indulgence was for the delectation of the rest of the carriage too.

Until, that is, a stiffly suited middle aged gentleman in the seat in front stood up and said "Turn that off please" in such a curt, authoritative tone that our miscreant promptly complied.

We need more of these sorts of people. Whenever I witness antisocial behaviour on a train I'm always relying on someone like this to step up, as they always would have done in the past, but sadly ,these days, they're rarely forthcoming. And let me tell you, they're needed! This phenomenon of foisting music on your fellow passengers is a growing menace.
      sounds like such a racist tory taking full advantage of his white privilege & shutting down the music of the oppressed minorities

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        sounds like such a racist tory taking full advantage of his white middle class privilege & shutting down the music of the oppressed working class and minorities
        FTFY

Don't forget class war brother. <Pumps fist>
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          FTFY

Don't forget class war brother. <Pumps fist>
          did you just assume my gender?

Comment

did you just assume my gender?

It is well known that only men post here.

CM was a string vest wearing lorry driver.

SE works on the rigs.....

Comment

sounds like such a racist tory taking full advantage of his white privilege & shutting down the music of the oppressed minorities
              He was white.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                He was white.
                and blaring Reggae music?

talk about cultural appropriation

Comment

and blaring Reggae music?

talk about cultural appropriation
                  Racist!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It is well known that only men post here.

CM was a string vest wearing lorry driver.

SE works on the rigs.....
                    But we aren't all cis-men....

Comment

Working...
                    X