• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immortality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If you could choose immortality, would you?
    Yes.

Would I do it again? Probably not

Comment

Immortality is better than the alternative.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I’m dead against immortality
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Instant reaction? No.

More thought through reaction? No.
          I would want to be sure that: I'll be in good physical and mental health, have sufficient income, have somewhere to live, not wind up in a government lab being poked and prodded for "research", I have a kill switch or means to live on another planet when this planet meets its inevitable doom (the doom most likely being man-made before the Sun does its thing in ~5bn years' time). What happens if I don't eat? Do I eventually die or somehow exist in some hybernated crusty state, like a tardigrade? And then there's the potential loneliness. I don't like many people but the few I do like will eventually die unless they're the same as me, in which case, they're going to annoy me after a while and I'll be stuck with them forever. Which makes me think: is everyone immortal? Are we still breeding or is the population stagnant?

I would much prefer to be omnipotent and have power over all things down to the sub-atomic level. Kill me if you can
          Last edited by ladymuck; 27 October 2017, 07:56.

Comment

I imagine it would get pretty boring after a few thousand years.

especially if we are alone in the universe and the only thing you have to look forward to is watching the heat death of the universe (assuming as LadyM says we can get of this rock in time to avoid whatever disaster befalls the earth)

If there are other civilisations out there in different galaxies and potentially ways to different universes then yeah forever sounds good.

but I suppose you do need to live like Q.

Comment

We could all hang out at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, drinking cocktails and chatting up sentient cows.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                We could all hang out at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, drinking cocktails and chatting up sentient cows.
                Seems like a regular Friday Night in Bolton.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Yeah, but have you remembered your towel?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No. But I know where it is. And that's what matters fundamentally.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Seems like a regular Friday Night in Bolton.
                      Maxwell’s Plum, sticky carpets and a 2p fruit machine right to the end.

Rockerfella’s just demolished. Had a smooch in there with the office hottie, and he didnt even mind.

Then I moved up several steps to Bergeracs i think it was called, Miami Vice era, us Bolton lads all in pastel shades wearing white shoes no socks and light peach jackets with the sleeves rolled up.

Funnily enough i dont renember beating the flange off with a stick, must have had much of it it almost seems like i didnt get any...

Strange thing the mind...

Comment

Working...
                      X