• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I might be spending some time near Oxford too. If anyone has any great tips for things to do round there they would be gratefully received.
    Google: Places to ride your bike near Oxford
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

40th birthday party tonight for a work colleague of The Wife (tm)
      Take The Wife (tm) to the consultant tomorrow to get her knee looked at (ligament/meniscus tear )
      Cricket club meeting tomorrow night

And probably a bit of Autumnal gardening if the weather holds up

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
        Do you mind me asking why?

The pain of study is bad enough when there's some glimmer of getting a career out of it but I'm guessing that, like most people who study later in life (excuse that assumption), this isn't a career move?
        Just personal interest. No plans to change careers (I hesitate to claim I have a current one to change from!). I just like learning stuff.

Comment

Bank holiday weekend here in Ireland (the South of) hopefully a trip up to Belfast to see the Titanic thing and to collect the car with it's new ignition coils if it's ready...

Dublin marathon on Sunday, bollocks to that.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Dublin marathon on Sunday
            They're called Snickers these days.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Cricket club meeting tomorrow night
              Please let us know if you decide to replace the generator. I think we still have one lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                The Pitt Rivers Musuem is good
                https://www.prm.ox.ac.uk/

Victorian curiosity cabinets a plenty, none of this carefully curated, legible labels nonsense.
                Another vote for Pitt Rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  This weekend eek and I will be joining WTFH in hunting cyclists - especially those who dare to criticize the lack of a weekend thread.

I might be spending some time near Oxford too. If anyone has any great tips for things to do round there they would be gratefully received.

@Admin, can we have a cycling smiley?

Nothing specific planned this weekend. Will be out on the bike at some point depending on the weather.

The Thames Path National Trail is not a long distance route for cyclists. However there are some sections of the Thames Path outside London which cyclists can use - the longest section being the 5.4 miles (8.7 km) through Oxford.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

@Admin, can we have a cycling smiley?

Nothing specific planned this weekend. Will be out on the bike at some point depending on the weather.
                    Dropping gel wrappers with a flashing light?

I suspect WTFH will want one of a machine gun if we get that.....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X