Weekend Thread Weekend Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Weekend Thread

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Default Weekend Thread

This weekend eek and I will be joining WTFH in hunting cyclists - especially those who dare to criticize the lack of a weekend thread.

I might be spending some time near Oxford too. If anyone has any great tips for things to do round there they would be gratefully received.

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

D-day for Open Uni assignment looming. Still haven't read the material. Blitz on it this weekend.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    D-day for Open Uni assignment looming. Still haven't read the material. Blitz on it this weekend.
    What course are you taking?

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This weekend eek and I will be joining WTFH in hunting cyclists - especially those who dare to criticize the lack of a weekend thread.

I might be spending some time near Oxford too. If anyone has any great tips for things to do round there they would be gratefully received.
    The Pitt Rivers Musuem is good
    https://www.prm.ox.ac.uk/

Victorian curiosity cabinets a plenty, none of this carefully curated, legible labels nonsense.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What course are you taking?
    Overall, a degree in Natural Sciences with Chemisty. This module is a second year level Chemistry one - it covers a bit of everything, organic, inorganic etc. I'm only three weeks in.

Annoyingly, the OU have moved to delivering everything online. After spending several hours every day staring at a screen for work, the last thing I want to do is stare at a screen for study. I really wish they still did books rather than charge an extra £25 to print the material. It seems they bumped their prices when the new tuition fees came in and cut their costs by refusing to supply any physical materials.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

House warming this Saturday

Beer n Pizza tonight

Banned

Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced

The Pitt Rivers Musuem is good
    https://www.prm.ox.ac.uk/

Victorian curiosity cabinets a plenty, none of this carefully curated, legible labels nonsense.
    Got one in Farnham, Dorset too.

Have never been but used to frequent the excellent Cooper's Bar in the village pub.

I note that this has gone all bistro & is now called the Museum Inn.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

In a recording studio tonight with a proper sound engineer to mix down and master my first offering that I want to put out to spotify/iTunes etc.

Usual gym - guitar lesson - curry/Netflix night tomorrow followed by a complete Sunday off (except for a trip to Costco and maybe Squiers).
    Because feelings...

Banned

Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced

Overall, a degree in Natural Sciences with Chemisty. This module is a second year level Chemistry one - it covers a bit of everything, organic, inorganic etc. I'm only three weeks in.

Annoyingly, the OU have moved to delivering everything online. After spending several hours every day staring at a screen for work, the last thing I want to do is stare at a screen for study. I really wish they still did books rather than charge an extra £25 to print the material. It seems they bumped their prices when the new tuition fees came in and cut their costs by refusing to supply any physical materials.
    Do you mind me asking why?

The pain of study is bad enough when there's some glimmer of getting a career out of it but I'm guessing that, like most people who study later in life (excuse that assumption), this isn't a career move?

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

TFA.

Have weekend guests. Going for an Italian tomorrow.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...