• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the middle aged single folks on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
    Yep, avoid cats. I love them to death but realise they are only loyal to themselves and would have no hesitation in eating me if it came down to it.
    They can be some fun. You don't have to clean up their mess.

However do try to get a good rodent catcher. We used to have 4 cats. The good rodent catcher left. The last time we had a mouse in the house it ran past the 3 cats and I had to catch it!

To be fair, one of the cats is not a bad rodent catcher. However he likes to bring them into the house live. We had a rat behind the fridge for 2 days once.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

However do try to get a good rodent catcher. We used to have 4 cats. The good rodent catcher left. The last time we had a mouse in the house it ran past the 3 cats and I had to catch it!

To be fair, one of the cats is not a bad rodent catcher. However he likes to bring them into the house live. We had a rat behind the fridge for 2 days once.....
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwPYze5M9s

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Oh, Brillo. Did the ex get the good cat and leave you the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Hamster?
          and Gaffer Tape ?

Comment

Puppet Parrot. Much cheaper.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Oh, Brillo. Did the ex get the good cat and leave you the others?
              Yep - she got the house, money, car, thermos flask collection. Let me the bad cats and the kids.

The cat started spending more time away from home. Eventually days away. Then left for a long while. One day I heard MrsBP in tears screaming the cats name at about midnight - woke me up. I thought the cat was dead. However she was overjoyed to see it again.

That was about 2 years ago.

One day the new "owners" will take it to a vet and find out it is ours.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Puppet Parrot. Much cheaper.
                I've already got a cuddly bulldog. He comes everywhere with me

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  I've already got a cuddly bulldog. He comes everywhere with me
                  It's a mirror love.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                    Yep, avoid cats. I love them to death but realise they are only loyal to themselves and would have no hesitation in eating me if it came down to it.
                    Cats are great.

They find other human slaves to live with ensuring they are never short of food.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Cats are great.

They find other human slaves to live with ensuring they are never short of food.
                      Yep, popular misconception is that cats are pets.. They're not.

Cats don't have owners they have staff

Even so I still think they are great, don't need walking, are self-cleaning and (generally) keep the mouse population in check (although with ours it's more shrews and small birds).
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X