• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the middle aged single folks on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Yep, popular misconception is that cats are pets.. They're not.

Cats don't have owners they have staff

Even so I still think they are great, don't need walking, are self-cleaning and (generally) keep the mouse population in check (although with ours it's more shrews and small birds).
    I like cats and dogs.

Different animals so different characters.

I think the only animals people commonly keep as pets I dislike are rats.

Oh and things like monkeys shouldn't be domestic pets.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I like cats and dogs.

Different animals so different characters.

I think the only animals people commonly keep as pets I dislike are rats.

Oh and things like monkeys shouldn't be domestic pets.
      I remember visiting pet shops in various parts of the Middle East & the A-rabs seem to have a liking for pet monkeys.

There were cages full of tiny little marmosets with pleading eyes staring out at me. It was heartbreaking....

Comment

Could you not take the dog into clientco each day?

Comment

BorrowMyDoggy - Find your perfect match

Try this and see how it fits into your contractor lifestyle. Then if you think you can make it work switch from borrower to lender?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            Can you imagine that in 21 C UK? Health and Saftey, religious sensibilities etc

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            BorrowMyDoggy - Find your perfect match

Try this and see how it fits into your contractor lifestyle. Then if you think you can make it work switch from borrower to lender?
            Yes, there's also an organisation called cinnamon where one can register to look after the dogs of people who have gone into hospital or are similarly indisposed temporarily.

For me, personally, I'd rather just go the whole hog and get one. Can still do the fostering as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              He'd end up reporting into the dog.

Comment

I never used to have a dog. I met a lady with a dog. Now I (read: we) have a dog.

Dogs are the most tying thing ever when you're used to the free and single life.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

RSPCA headquarters allow dogs inside, pity the humans there are a bunch of weirdos...

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    When I'm not WFH, The Wife (tm) takes The Dog (tw) into work. No problem at all. It's all about the attitude of the person. If you go in with a "health and safety, religious sensibilities, you couldn't make it up" sort of thing, then you're starting off on the wrong foot.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      When I'm not WFH, The Wife (tm) takes The Dog (tw) into work. No problem at all. It's all about the attitude of the person. If you go in with a "health and safety, religious sensibilities, you couldn't make it up" sort of thing, then you're starting off on the wrong foot.
                      I can't imagine any office type environment in the UK allowing a dog in.

Comment

Working...
                      X