• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the middle aged single folks on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    When I'm not WFH, The Wife (tm) takes The Dog (tw) into work. No problem at all. It's all about the attitude of the person. If you go in with a "health and safety, religious sensibilities, you couldn't make it up" sort of thing, then you're starting off on the wrong foot.
    I've worked at Clientcos with dogs in the office.

One Clientco could only have one dog as she was insecure and would try to attack other dogs. She was a foreign rescue dog. She would randomly wander around under the desks and then bin raid so everyone knew to be careful where they put their rubbish and lunch. Every now and again she would try and make an escape out of the building.

Other Clientco the rules were the dog had to be friendly to other dogs and humans. These dogs were better behaved.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Other Clientco the rules were the dog had to be friendly to other dogs and humans. These dogs were better behaved.
      Generally, well behaved dogs live with well behaved humans.
      Dogs tend to reflect the best and worst of their owners.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Get a dog that lives in your handbag. Seemed to be popular not so long ago. No one checks a woman's handbag so you're safe to go wherever you like.

Not sure what else they had in the handbag, I imagine it's more a dog nappy.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Get a dog that lives in your handbag. Seemed to be popular not so long ago. No one checks a woman's handbag so you're safe to go wherever you like.

Not sure what else they had in the handbag, I imagine it's more a dog nappy.
          They are being dumped at dogs homes.

Oh and poodles are damn intelligent.

Actually decide how intelligent you want your dog to be plus other characteristics before you get it.

Comment

Generally, well behaved dogs live with well behaved humans.
            Dogs tend to reflect the best and worst of their owners.
            Nicest dogs I've met have all been pub dogs. Including a rather large brown poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Nicest dogs I've met have all been pub dogs. Including a rather large brown poodle.
              In one of my locals, the bar tabs are named after the dogs, in fact there are a few people I drink with whose dogs I know my name, but have no idea what their wives/children are called.
              It's also not uncommon to be in the pub and after a few hours someone will offer to take a few of the dogs out for a quick walk, while the rest of us stay drinking.

Comment

In one of my locals, the bar tabs are named after the dogs, in fact there are a few people I drink with whose dogs I know my name, but have no idea what their wives/children are called.
                It's also not uncommon to be in the pub and after a few hours someone will offer to take a few of the dogs out for a quick walk, while the rest of us stay drinking.
                Do they come back with a couple missing and then the local Chinese has a mystery meat special the next day?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Do they come back with a couple missing and then the local Chinese has a mystery meat special the next day?
                  Haha, no. Sometimes someone will bring a dog in and say that they found it. If no one in the pub knows who the dog is, then it probably belongs to someone who is lost walking in the woods.

Comment

Haha, no. Sometimes someone will bring a dog in and say that they found it. If no one in the pub knows who the dog is, then it probably belongs to someone who is lost walking in the woods.
                    Well least the dog is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      For the middle aged single folks on here, divorcees etc.

Anyone got a dog or thought about getting a dog for company?

I love dogs & I wouldn't get one just to help with my own loneliness, as it seems selfish, but they are great company.

Problem is it would seriously restrict my availability for contracts - probably WFH only as there is nothing on my doorstep. I'm sure there are dogsitters/kennels but they probably cost a fortune & it all seems a bit unfair on the dog. Who knows, maybe there's perm WFH stuff out there too. Will have to investigate.
                      Just don't do it, take it from me, don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X