• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dundee anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dundee anyone?

Dundee named worldwide 'hot destination' by Wall Street Journal - BBC News

Dundee named worldwide 'hot destination' by Wall Street Journal

Crocodile Dundee 1,2 or 3?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Dundee named worldwide 'hot destination' by Wall Street Journal - BBC News

Dundee named worldwide 'hot destination' by Wall Street Journal
        Definitely worth a visit in 2018 before it fades into post-Brexit decline.

Comment

Went through there once on the train.

Looked a ghastly, grey place.

My overriding memory is of really ugly looking council houses. Like the style of council house you see down here sometimes, which I believe is called a Cornish Unit, except they had about 5 floors and were just huge pebble dashed monstrosities.

Yes, I'd like to express my gratitude to the people of Dundee for living in such squalor to provide the nation's kitchens with an endless supply of lino.

Comment

Haven't been there for many years, but it was awful last time I visited. Only real highlight was the enthusiasm of the locals for singling along to a key line in The Smiths' "Panic". It doesn't have a great reputation in Scotland - the folk where I grew up looked down upon Dundee, and we lived in a Glasgow overspill new town without any redeeming features.

From Wiki - "In 2002, a Tay FM competition to find a slogan for the ((Tay Road)) bridge was abandoned after the slogan with the most votes - “It’s all downhill to Dundee” (reflecting the bridge’s downward angle) was deemed unsuitable."

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
              Haven't been there for many years, but it was awful last time I visited. Only real highlight was the enthusiasm of the locals for singling along to a key line in The Smiths' "Panic". It doesn't have a great reputation in Scotland - the folk where I grew up looked down upon Dundee, and we lived in a Glasgow overspill new town without any redeeming features.

From Wiki - "In 2002, a Tay FM competition to find a slogan for the ((Tay Road)) bridge was abandoned after the slogan with the most votes - “It’s all downhill to Dundee” (reflecting the bridge’s downward angle) was deemed unsuitable."
              So you are a snob?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post

Esteemed former client used to put me up in a hotel in Grangemouth.

Comment

Being there once - over 15 years ago, for a job interview with the games company who made Lemmings - by the time I reached the place I only cared about one thing - catch the last train to Mainland!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Being there once - over 15 years ago, for a job interview with the games company who made Lemmings - by the time I reached the place I only cared about one thing - catch the last train to Mainland!
                    Been

Comment

Working...
                    X