• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daylight Saving Time - Really?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wibble
    Talking of "freak-shows".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        We don't own UTC.
        FTFY

Comment

This is solely to ensure that mummy Mrs SB can get back home in time to get her chubby ass plonked on the sofa ATW in time to devour the day's servings of freak-show TV.

FTFY
          Last edited by vetran; 28 October 2017, 20:00. Reason: small child on knee while upsetting SB!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Scotland can keep it if they wish. There’s very little reason for the UK. We are considerably less than an hour in angular rotation from Paris so arguably we should be on their time zone.
            Of course not being on GMT ever would give the brexiteers palpitations so it’ll never happen.
            Last time I checked, Scotland was part of the UK. I don't believe IndyRef2 has happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Last time I checked, Scotland was part of the UK. I don't believe IndyRef2 has happened yet.
              Yes it is. There’s still very little point for daylight savings in the UK, and Scotland can keep it if they wish.
              I salute your pedantry but it doesn’t alter my position.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

So, do we scrap Greenwich Mean Time in favour of summertime all year round because that works better for the retired?
                This whole con by the Mail and it’s believers is that GMT is not British. Sorry, as usual you are wrong.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Daylight Saving Time - Really?

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  So, do we scrap Greenwich Mean Time in favour of summertime all year round because that works better for the retired?
                  This whole con by the Mail and it’s believers is that GMT is not British. Sorry, as usual you are wrong.
                  I think we should be on GMT+2 all year round. In fact all Western Europe should also be on that same zone. That was my view as part of a deeper trading relationship with Europe. Bring Paris, London, Frankfurt, berlin etc into a common time zone. Geographically it works just fine with a longitude difference of 13 degrees that is less than one hour in the daily rotation. Adding Dublin makes it just over one hour.

But now we’re brexiting **** facts and logic. Might as well just forget time and clocks now we’ve taken back control.
                  GMT is British. That’s why UTC has taken over in all realistic terms as basing the time around London is an anachronism.
                  Last edited by Lance; 29 October 2017, 09:00.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    I think we should be on GMT+2 all year round. In fact all Western Europe should also be on that same zone. That was my view as part of a deeper trading relationship with Europe. Bring Paris, London, Frankfurt, berlin etc into a common time zone. Geographically it works just fine with a longitude difference of 13 degrees that is less than one hour in the daily rotation. Adding Dublin makes it just over one hour.

But now we’re brexiting **** facts and logic. Might as well just forget time and clocks now we’ve taken back control.
                    GMT is British. That’s why UTC has taken over in all realistic terms as basing the time around London is an anachronism.
                    The time is based on Greenwich.

Different parts of London had different times before that.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The time is based on Greenwich.

Different parts of London had different times before that.
                      Wow. I’ve learnt something today.
                      How much time difference was there between Chelsea and Greenwich?
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X