• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public spending back to the same level as it was before the crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public spending back to the same level as it was before the crash

Years of austerity 'have left UK with same level of public spending as it had 10 years ago' says IFS | The Independent

It found public spending as a share of national income was at a similar level both now and shortly before the financial crash, an event David Cameron and George Osborne claimed Labour overspending left the country ill-prepared for.

In 2007-08, public spending as a share of GDP was 39 per cent, it peaked in 2009-10 at 45.1 per cent and is forecast to be 39.6 per cent this year, according to the IFS.
    Back to square one.

I'm alright Jack

More austerity is needed. Cutting red tape.

To keep servicing the debt.....

Comment

So to summarise, the Tories having spent as much New Labour over a decade, have only succeeded in making everyone miserable.
      The economy is about to get a double whammy: Brexit followed by Old Labour, aka Corbyn.
      Make no mistake, those with the means to do so are busy insulating themselves from the shambles that is to come.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        So to summarise, the Tories having spent as much New Labour over a decade, have only succeeded in making everyone miserable set the country on a disastrous course of economic ruin in a vain attempt to repair party divisions, which didn't even work.
        FTFY
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

No parliamentary majority for tax rises or spending cuts

Looks like the public debt is about to balloon again.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

So to summarise, the Tories having spent as much New Labour over a decade, have only succeeded in making everyone miserable.
            The economy is about to get a double whammy: Brexit followed by Old Labour, aka Corbyn.
            Make no mistake, those with the means to do so are busy insulating themselves from the shambles that is to come.
            Corbyn is emphatically not Old Labour. They were out to support the working man. He's old Marxism.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Corbyn is emphatically not Old Labour. They were out to support the working man. He's old Marxism.
              You're quite right. Whatever he is though, he's going to gain power.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're quite right. Whatever he is though, he's going to gain power.
                with balanced spending plans, which means, since he is expecting to spend a lot you have to be afraid,

.....very afraid
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I always believed that Brexit would push the electorate towards a leftwing agenda, so the slogan should have been "Brexit means Corbyn", and I did put this opinion forward last year.

Without Brexit Cameron would have been sailing to a massive win at his next election, and Corbyn would have been replaced and remained the loser that he was before the election in June.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I always believed that Brexit would push the electorate towards a leftwing agenda, so the slogan should have been "Brexit means Corbyn".

Without Brexit Cameron would have been sailing to a massive win at his next election, and Corbyn would have been replaced and remained the loser that he was before the election in June.
                    If the Tories had a credible potential leader they could cancel Brexit and carry on as if it never had happened. UKIP would become empowered and may even get an MP or 3, but the Tories could then retake the centre ground and stay in power till 2030.

If only they had that person.

EDIT: I don't want Tories till 2030 I want Brexit cancelled. I'd even vote for Corbyn to get that.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X