• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2017 state of the market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    AngularJS is a bit dated, you need to add TypeScript and Angular4 and .NET Core to the list. Apart from that you should be fine.

HTH BIDI
    ReactJS too.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
      I just got a call about a security cleared job in Croydon (wherever the **** that is!).

Does it mean the security cleared sector is booming or as flat as a witches tit?
      No, it means you'll need extra security to clear the way for you to safely get to your office in Croydon without getting mugged. Take Shaun with you, he'll protect you with his potato peeler!
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        No, it means you'll need extra security to clear the way for you to safely get to your office in Croydon without getting mugged. Take Shaun with you, he'll protect you with his potato peeler!
        Croydon has a Greggs but it doesn't do Corned Beef Pasties. And I've not seen a Meat and Potato pie since Co-op gig M/Cr 2011....

Comment

I just got a call about a security cleared job in Croydon (wherever the **** that is!)
          Croydon is fine. It has a Marks and a Waitrose so I'm sorted. I don't know anyone who has been mugged. Might happen if you go around fancying yourself and putting on all airs and graces but generally speaking you should be fine.

Comment

I just got a call about a security cleared job in Croydon (wherever the **** that is!).

Does it mean the security cleared sector is booming or as flat as a witches tit?
            It is unfortunately where most government jobs are going to end up. It’s a fecking armpit thought.

I have been benched since September mainly down to a gig falling through. Plenty of jobs advertised but lots of clients window shopping. A lot of stuff is coming soon though as the number of PM roles is through the roof.

I’m an architect...

Comment

I interviewed and got offered there. They are throwing a lot of bodies at this one but the security clearance level required is modest.

I didn't take it in the end as the commute time was too extreme for me.

Impression: You will be Gulliver on his first voyage. You will spend most of your time fixing the permie code.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                Croydon is fine. It has a Marks and a Waitrose so I'm sorted. I don't know anyone who has been mugged. Might happen if you go around fancying yourself and putting on all airs and graces but generally speaking you should be fine.
                I did a contract in Croydon. There was one daylight murder outside the front entrance and a few weeks later someone tried to set fire to the building. I got a taxi to and from the hotel.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I did a contract in Croydon. There was one daylight murder outside the front entrance and a few weeks later someone tried to set fire to the building. I got a taxi to and from the hotel.
                  Sounds like you were kept busy. Kind of contract I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    You had to stay in Croydon....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It is slowing down now.

Talk of projects being canned all over the place and for various reasons. One them being a 'lively' hurricane season the other being general, continuing, dysfunction in the banking sector. Some of it in part to the slowdown in QE required to keep the dead bodies warm.

I am expecting a start of a recession next year and are busy planning around that. Anything better is a bonus.

Comment

Working...
                      X