• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I buy a new home with this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I buy a new home with this?

Hi all,

Sorry, title should read "Equity from investment property for buying first home (to live in)" but that's a bit long.

I recently finished building a house in Australia (I'm living overseas), which we have just started renting out.

We owe: $486,000
    It just got valued by the bank at: $700,000

Am I right in assuming I have:
    - $214,000 equity
    - $74,000 equity available to use as a deposit on next property
    - Maximum total spend on Property 2 including all fees (without kicking in extra savings): $370,000

Trying to figure it out. We are moving back to Oz next year and I'm wondering whether buying a house to live without having to chuck in a lot of savings will be possible.

Do those numbers look right?

Hi Blackmarch, I think you might be better asking on an Australian forum, we’re based in the UK and for people who work as contractors.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Sounds bonza mate.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe they thought "contractors" in the more building sense, which is a common mistake. The UK part of the site's name may have escaped them...

Comment

Originally posted by blackmarch View Post
            Hi all,

Sorry, title should read "Equity from investment property for buying first home (to live in)" but that's a bit long.

I recently finished building a house in Australia (I'm living overseas), which we have just started renting out.

We owe: $486,000
            It just got valued by the bank at: $700,000

Am I right in assuming I have:
            - $214,000 equity
            - $74,000 equity available to use as a deposit on next property
            - Maximum total spend on Property 2 including all fees (without kicking in extra savings): $370,000

Trying to figure it out. We are moving back to Oz next year and I'm wondering whether buying a house to live without having to chuck in a lot of savings will be possible.

Do those numbers look right?
            How big is your barbie, and gas or coal?

Comment

Presumably the bank that valued it for 700k are the same Bank you owe the money to. And presumably the same bank you’ll borrow more money from.

On that basis have you asked them?
              Seeing as the viability of your proposal hinges on the amount they’ll lend you not some basic sums I doubt we’ll be able to help you.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X