• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Trump / Russia thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Don't you think Trump overreacts to a slight and behaves like a big baby?
    Absolutely - the man's an unhinged ego maniac, he's brought world politics into the gutter. Ironically I think it's just a catalyst for declining American imperial power and in a strange way quite good for the rest of the world. He's not going to launch any nukes or start WW3 - he doesn't have the authority luckily. All he can do is Tweet threats at people and try and force bad 'deals'.

I can see why the Russians and Chinese probably like having him there, but I don't think they are as accountable as the snowflakes want them to be. Not saying they are 100% blameless but they didn't steal the election.

Lots of unsubstantiated claims flying around on both sides.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Absolutely - the man's an unhinged ego maniac, he's brought world politics into the gutter. Ironically I think it's just a catalyst for declining American imperial power and in a strange way quite good for the rest of the world. He's not going to launch any nukes or start WW3 - he doesn't have the authority luckily. All he can do is Tweet threats at people and try and force bad 'deals'.

I can see why the Russians and Chinese probably like having him there, but I don't think they are as accountable as the snowflakes want them to be. Not saying they are 100% blameless but they didn't steal the election.

He's a snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        He's a snowflake.
        And a mass snowflake creator.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Erm… he does have the authority to order a nuclear strike. He’s the commander in chief of all US forces.

I’m not an expert on the US chain of command, but I think he’s the only person who can order a nuclear strike as long as he remains capable of doing so; some other people also have the codes, but that’s only as a fallback in case he’s incapacitated.

He can’t start WW3, as only Congress can declare war, but TBH that becomes something of a technicality once the mushrooms start to sprout

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Erm… he does have the authority to order a nuclear strike. He’s the commander in chief of all US forces.

I’m not an expert on the US chain of command, but I think he’s the only person who can order a nuclear strike as long as he remains capable of doing so; some other people also have the codes, but that’s only as a fallback in case he’s incapacitated.

He can’t start WW3, as only Congress can declare war, but TBH that becomes something of a technicality once the mushrooms start to sprout
            On paper maybe. Point being that POTUS (whoever it is) is more of a figurehead and speech reader. The actual grown ups making the real decisions decide whether either of these things happen or don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7eVxure0Y

Comment

This Trump / Russia thing

There's a long thread on Twitter about it, and why it's now serious, here:

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/sta...88111880417280

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That is all correct.

However it is clear now that he is despised by Republicans and Democrats alike. GOP now wondering if they will ever be re-elected.

After a whole life spent with no-one saying no to you it must come as quite a shock. Enough to send him mad.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  That is all correct.

However it is clear now that he is despised by Republicans and Democrats alike. GOP now wondering if they will ever be re-elected.

After a whole life spent with no-one saying no to you it must come as quite a shock. Enough to send him mad.....
                  GOP are also thinking that Pence is such a liability they can’t even support an assassination. One wonders if they’ll change the rules to prevent their nominee from hand picking the running mate.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    GOP are also thinking that Pence is such a liability they can’t even support an assassination. One wonders if they’ll change the rules to prevent their nominee from hand picking the running mate.
                    Indeed. I was having a conversation with someone the other day about who was more stupid - Pence or Quayle.

Comment

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X