• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been on one of the new GWR Hitachis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Don't get me started on Ma-kans (pronounced Maw-cawns), I almost bought one until the receptionist at the OPC in Guildford decided to correct my pronunciation in a rather condescending* way.

*Condescending means that she talked down to me as if I was a child or simpleton
    Do we need a poll on this or are we all agreed...?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      I'm actually in Yate, slightly North East of Bristol

N.B. Should you ever bring Yate into a conversation during your sojourn in Bristol it's pronounced YAHTAY not YAYT. Just thought I should bring this to your attention otherwise you may be found floating face down in the Feeder Canal.

HTH.
      Is there a CUK romance brewing ?? :
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
      X