• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What do you expect when the papers and Radio 4 are all obsessed to the point of madness with all this sexual groping bollox?
    They are obsessed with it because their organisations all have a culture of it and worse. By focusing on parliament they draw attention away from themselves.

Almost every single time I've turned on the radio in the car this week, Radio 4 have been droning on and on about it.

What is it about MPs in particular that seems to make so many sexual malefactors and perves of one kind or another?
    POWER

I don't recall _ever_ working at a clientco or in permanent employment, over 40 years, where any such misconduct occurred or at least came to light, even at manic Christmas parties where everyone ended up as pissed as mattresses.
    As a heterosexual cis-male you would be in the last group of people to be told about gropers.

I know we've had this discussion before, and one or two people came up with plausible reasons why it was misguided. But having suffered SMRF syndrome (Sexual Misconduct Reporting Fatigue) for a week now, I reckon more than ever that the Vikings had the best idea - Report sexual misconduct within 48 hours of its occurrence, or forever STFU about it and stop boring everyone to tears, and diverting attention from more important matters!
    You really don't get it do you?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      They are obsessed with it because their organisations all have a culture of it and worse. By focusing on parliament they draw attention away from themselves.

POWER

As a heterosexual cis-male you would be in the last group of people to be told about gropers.

You really don't get it do you?
      Actually, to be fair a lot of this it just people jumping on the bandwagon. Hand on knee wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Actually, to be fair a lot of this it just people jumping on the bandwagon. Hand on knee wtf.
        I can put my hand on your knee or I can put your hand on your knee.

BTW young men or fit men can be harassed as well by women.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yep and we have all been there. But you dont call yourself a victim and go the papers.

Like most men in IT, in my younger days had to deal with departments full of women, a hand on the knee was the least of your problems. But it's not a ruin the person career and family life in the media type thing.

Comment

In my younger days of contracting in the City it happened quite frequently from female managers. A clumsy pass or an errant hand from someone you don't find attractive isn't the end of the world. Some of these complaints are insulting the intelligence.

The English are getting too thin-skinned.

Comment

It's being done to divert attention from Jared O'Mara

Comment

If you don't know who the gropers (aka sex criminals) are in your work place, then you are the groper.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  It's being done to divert attention from Jared O'Mara
                  This.

I know it's a touchy subject and all but I'll add that I've seen articles (written by women) saying that the flood of people jumping al over this is drowning out the voices of the people who have suffered it more seriously.

The day when it's getting more press attention then a terrorist attack in New York is erm.... today...

I have experienced it myself when I was younger not just form women but gay men who refuse to take no for an answer* - it's awful. That being said I do see how difficult it is for attractive young ladies these days being ogled and harassed wherever they go - I really try not to be part of that problem. No looking/staring from me!

*For the record the 'no' was eventually accepted...
                  Last edited by Jog On; 1 November 2017, 14:43. Reason: Clarification around no being accepted
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

5 rounds fired at you by British or any other European police force means you are dead.
                    No it doesn't. The rounds have to hit you first.

Why not go and put the kettle on love, leave the ballistics to the menfolk?
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      No it doesn't. The rounds have to hit you first.

Why not go and put the kettle on love, leave the ballistics to the menfolk?
                      Really? Which small arms do you know of that use rounds as the projectile?

Comment

Working...
                      X