• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York Attack

I wonder if it'll soon be harder to hire a truck in the US than it is to acquire heavy weaponry?

And how is it, that European police shoot the terrorists dead, yet the alledgedly gung-ho US police manage to arrest him?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Crap shot? 5 rounds discharged according to the torygraph.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Crap shot? 5 rounds discharged according to the torygraph.
      5 rounds fired at you by British or any other European police force means you are dead.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Shot in the stomach and survived apparently.

US cops are much better shots when you're sat in a car or have your back to them.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I wonder if it'll soon be harder to hire a truck in the US than it is to acquire heavy weaponry?

And how is it, that European police shoot the terrorists dead, yet the alledgedly gung-ho US police manage to arrest him?
          I guess he wasn't black...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Shot in the stomach and survived apparently.

US cops are much better shots when you're sat in a car or have your back to them.
            And they are not eating doughnuts.

Comment

Not even on the front page of several papers and where it is it's pretty much a secondary story.

How desensitized we've become to the normality and regularity of terror attacks...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                5 rounds fired at you by British or any other European police force means you are dead.
                The Yanks are far more likely to hit each other, and call it "friendly fire", which is nice and ironic...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Not even on the front page of several papers and where it is it's pretty much a secondary story.

How desensitized we've become to the normality and regularity of terror attacks...
                  What do you expect when the papers and Radio 4 are all obsessed to the point of madness with all this sexual groping bollox?

Almost every single time I've turned on the radio in the car this week, Radio 4 have been droning on and on about it.

What is it about MPs in particular that seems to make so many sexual malefactors and perves of one kind or another?

I don't recall _ever_ working at a clientco or in permanent employment, over 40 years, where any such misconduct occurred or at least came to light, even at manic Christmas parties where everyone ended up as pissed as mattresses.

I know we've had this discussion before, and one or two people came up with plausible reasons why it was misguided. But having suffered SMRF syndrome (Sexual Misconduct Reporting Fatigue) for a week now, I reckon more than ever that the Vikings had the best idea - Report sexual misconduct within 48 hours of its occurrence, or forever STFU about it and stop boring everyone to tears, and diverting attention from more important matters!
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 1 November 2017, 13:02.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Even the Italians?

Comment

Working...
                    X