• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Really? Which small arms do you know of that use rounds as the projectile?

"Rounds" is a generic term for bullets etc. You'd know that if you had ever served in the British Army.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Not even on the front page of several papers and where it is it's pretty much a secondary story.

How desensitized we've become to the normality and regularity of terror attacks...
      Americans shoot and kill 30,000+ citizens per year. So someone running over 8 people wouldn't normally even make the news there.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        "Rounds" is a generic term for bullets etc. You'd know that if you had ever peeled potatoes in the British army and listened to the real soldiers stories.

FTFY.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Americans shoot and kill 30,000+ citizens per year. So someone running over 8 people wouldn't normally even make the news there.
          Yes, there was a shooting in Denver the other day where 3 people were killed in a supermarket. It didn't get a mention from Trump, nor did he call for a ban on guns, or a tightening of security. In the same way he didn't react when 59 were killed and 241 injured in Vegas.
          ...but 8 killed in New York brings a demand for the death penalty, demand for restrictions, etc.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            "Rounds" is a generic term for bullets etc. You'd know that if you had ever served in the British Army.

In very casual conversation by the uneducated, perhaps, but you know as well as I do that they are most definitely not interchangeable. If you're going to pedantic and sexist then maybe you should be more careful not to make a twat of yourself?

Incidentally, I've not served with the British Army, no - but I've spent a good amount of time doing live firing and it was always drilled into me what was what. *shrug* But then I've always assumed you were in a fairly special section anyway.
            Last edited by vwdan; 3 November 2017, 10:33.

Comment

But staggeringly, more than 300,000 US citizens die prematurely each year of opiate overdoses!

No wonder Trump declared it a national health emergency, or whatever he called it.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

In very casual conversation by the uneducated, perhaps, but you know as well as I do that they are most definitely not interchangeable. If you're going to pedantic and sexist then maybe you should be more careful not to make a twat of yourself?

Incidentally, I've not served with the British Army, no - but I've spent a good amount of time doing live firing and it was always drilled into me what was what. *shrug* But then I've always assumed you were in a fairly special section anyway.
                Oooooohhh you've had it now. He'll be frothing at the mouth.
                SB's biggest achievement in his life was being accepted into the Catering Corps.
                He's inordinately proud of it.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

But staggeringly, more than 300,000 US citizens die prematurely each year of opiate overdoses!

No wonder Trump declared it a national health emergency, or whatever he called it.
                  Yes, it's remarkable, except for the fact that the number of US citizens put on opiates is staggering due to them not being able to afford the appropriate healthcare to have their conditions treated, instead they can get the pills cheaply (or prescribed cheaply) and they never get cured.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've spent a good amount of time doing live firing
                    That is obviously a euphemism. I have little doubt you are proficient at "handling your weapon".

Now you have gone and made sas all excited too. He is still dealing with failing the medical for the Brownies too. Bless.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Unless a Muslim person is involved...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X