• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MPC decision on interest rates tomorrow (General sub-thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Must be great news for you. A million £ house with no mortgage and another £1M in the bank from the sale of your BTL empire. And now more interest to the wealthy. Hope you are celebrating the extra income...
    Sadly the CGT on the BTLs means I got much less than a million
    But my index linked funds are doing very nicely, thanks for asking.
    Waiting for sale of main house to go through. Liquidität is the name of the game.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Quite shocking to note this is the first rise in almost a decade. ...
      Not a bit. Back in 2009 I fully expected interest rates to be bumping along the bottom for years if not decades.

I also fully expect inflation to roar back into life at some point. So that liquidity you say you're so keen on acquiring may cause you a far worse shock!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X