• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fallon Resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Laura Kuenssberg said last night that a few hours before he announced his resignation documents were presented to number 10 which may have hastened his decision.
    I should imagine they'll be on the front pages on Sunday morning.

Comment

We need a hand on knee emoji.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I’m too dirty to be a minister but just dirty enough to be an MP, says Fallon

But Bojo clings on
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Bojo is a special case of...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Will this spread to Italy?

Comment

I think women need to take a different tacki.

This is how to deal with sex pests.

Woman in Brazil rubs breasts on 'sex pest's' face | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Anyone know much about the new chap? I'm guessing another warmongering flipwit?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Since it was a staged stunt how does it work in real life? And not all sex pests are gropers.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I think our culture needs a bit of root cause analysis starting with the advertising industry and the use of female sexuality to get attention and extract money from stupid, weak men.

Then look at religious beliefs around the subject and how it royally screws people up and the cognitive dissonance between the two.

In 'primitive' tribal cultures' you don't get any of this because sexuality is treated as nature intended.

If I was a feminist I'd be going after advertising culture and looking to how that can change. Also I wouldn't be targeting and shaming men but instead 'educating' and talking to the women and girls who make careers out of spreading the culture of objectification.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      there has to be more behind this.

I doubt he would resign just for a hand on the knee which JHB has already laughed off.
                      Wasn't it a hand on the knee several times?

Maybe there was method in his apparent madness though - Being bang to rights and resigning over a blatant but relatively trivial misdemeanour, in order to avoid being in the spotlight and hauled up for some previous more serious one that since he has resigned may become moot?
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X