• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tweeting your MP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweeting your MP

After the FT's article about Hammond's proposed IR35 changes, I decided I wanted to get in touch with my MP to ya'know, at least say I tried to complain... So I went on to find out how best to do this and one of the governments suggested ways to get in touch with MP's was via Twitter....

This got me thinking that if a decent number of us elected to do this under the same hashtag, we might actually just get something trending?! I know most of you over 40 probably aren't entirely sure what a hashtag is and wonder if I'm talking about SEEE SHARP the programming language, but it was just a thought... :-)

I did also consider however than once the permy brigade see it, they will all default to "Well why shouldn't you pay the same amount of tax as us you robbing b*******s" and it might actually backfire.

/discuss.

My local MP is Oliver Wetwin

Already written to him. Got the standard guff he sends to everyone as a response.
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 2 November 2017, 09:42.

Comment

Did you write to him asking what arrangement of Christmas decorations he'd like to see in your new garden centre In all seriousness are you any further forward with that yet?!

Comment

No fecking point.

My MP, regardless of party, just forward my carefully crafted letter to the appropriate government department, who send me their standard response.

I did get an essay back about ID cards under Blair's government. So I think they have a couple of standard responses - the short version and the essay.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 2 November 2017, 11:42.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
          Did you write to him asking what arrangement of Christmas decorations he'd like to see in your new garden centre In all seriousness are you any further forward with that yet?!
          That's just across the border in Somerset so I'd need to ask a different MP:

Comment

Working...
          X