• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daylight Savings Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings Time

Are the mods/admins going to change the timestamps to reflect reality, or leave it as wrong by an hour until the clocks change again?
    Yes, very soon
    0.00%
    Yes, when they get round to it sometime
    0.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Pebkac
    28.57%
    AndyW's mum changes my clocks and timestamps
    57.14%
    When will mum change my nappy
    14.29%
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Are the mods/admins going to change the timestamps to reflect reality, or leave it as wrong by an hour until the clocks change again?
    It's right - you've clearly got something screwed up - or a screw loose....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      It's right - you've clearly got something screwed up - or a screw loose....
      Yep, checked my settings - but I also have a screw loose

So I guess the answer is no
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

"All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14"

Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The mods do not have access to change your user settings such as time zone and auto DST adjustment.

Your best bet would be to go to settings, then General Settings, then scroll down to Date and Time Options and set your DST Options to Automatically detect DST settings.

If it is set to Automatic and the time is still showing incorrectly, then the issue is not with ContractorUK or the forum software.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You'll have to forgive Mr. Bean. Not the sharpest tool in the box and he's not shy to prove it.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              The mods do not have access to change your user settings such as time zone and auto DST adjustment.

Your best bet would be to go to settings, then General Settings, then scroll down to Date and Time Options and set your DST Options to Automatically detect DST settings.

If it is set to Automatic and the time is still showing incorrectly
              then the issue is that you have to make the changes singing Ave Maria while standing on your head....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If it is set to Automatic and the time is still showing incorrectly, then the issue is not with ContractorUK or the forum software.
                If you're going to edit the poll options using mod powers - just delete the thread, you cheeky ....

Post #3 is me coming to the realisation and correcting the error but thanks for your assistance

Ps. The setting was on corrections always on - so there is a problem with that setting.... (moot now but hey ho - not like you'll do a proper job and actually fix it eh?)
                Last edited by Bean; 2 November 2017, 12:34.
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

If you're going to edit the poll options using mod powers - just delete the thread, you cheeky ....
                  If you're going to start a thread as a veiled attack at the mods, then make an ambiguous post which you later tell us means you've worked it out and corrected your problem, you have to expect a little comeback.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Cheers for alerting us. It might have passed me by otherwise.

You should demand your CUK subscription back.

Comment

Working...
                    X