• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chancellor IR35 hit leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post
    Isn't this a guy just taking bits and pieces from other sites and then adding his own outlook on it based on what he makes up in his head.
    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jonbon View Post
      https://www.casrecruitment.com/news/...77yfbwfhxhplly

This PM and chancellor are going to take this country down the drain!!
      It's not just the government wanting IR35, it is also outsource companies, they don't like the competition of individual contractors.

I don't have much sympathy for contractors whingeing about IR35 because when it was originally introduced most contractors on the forum were laid back and harped on about it will all change when the Tories get in power.

There are may deluded contractors who are earning around £150k who think they are influential business owners so they vote Tory. The fact is, they are just the type of people that the Tories will screw, but they will smile and let the Tories do it over and over again,
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

BBC Radio 4 today had an interesting program discussing IR35, at midday today on Moneybox. Listen again available...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Aren't contractors Tory voters?
          What is interesting is the number of Tory MPs who have a majority far below the self-employed workforce that they represent - both in the obvious marginals (Zac Goldsmith etc) but even those with 10000 majority but far more self-employed voters in the constituency.

Perhaps if the individuals realise that they are about to piss off voters and they will lose their job as a result of that, then they might not be quite as gung ho about voting it through.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            What is interesting is the number of Tory MPs who have a majority far below the self-employed workforce that they represent - both in the obvious marginals (Zac Goldsmith etc) but even those with 10000 majority but far more self-employed voters in the constituency.

Perhaps if the individuals realise that they are about to piss off voters and they will lose their job as a result of that, then they might not be quite as gung ho about voting it through.

Whoever is in power will do whatever HMRC says.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Whoever is in power will do whatever HMRC says.
              Nope.

They will write a law which is impossible to.implement that has the essence of what HMRC says.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X