• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflakes teaching snowflakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    You see, your insult illustrates the sense of entitlement some teachers have that they think justifies their continual threats of industrial action.

They get 13 weeks holiday - that's 3 months so they only work 9 months of the year.

I work bloody hard too and currently spend five hours a day commuting with none of the benefits teachers get.

Sometimes life is tough.
    No, they do not. This is a common misunderstanding (like teachers finishing work at 3).

The school holidays might be that long but the teachers do not get all of that time off.
    They are also unable to take holiday at any other time of year apart from weddings and funerals.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      No, they do not. This is a common misunderstanding (like teachers finishing work at 3).

The school holidays might be that long but the teachers do not get all of that time off.
      They are also unable to take holiday at any other time of year apart from weddings and funerals.
      Put the trolling sockie on ignore and eventually he will disappear....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

Actually that's not strictly true teachers can take days off in term time....

Comment

My S-I-L occasionally has training days on the last few days of the holidays but that's about it.

Then there are the in service days. Last year the school had to close when they all swanned off to Celtic Manor for 2 days.

Surely that could have been done during holidays?
          Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 7 November 2017, 12:10.

Comment

Teachers do not get 13 weeks off. They're lucky if they get half of that by the time you factor in all of the prep work that has to be done for the upcoming term, especially in primary school where one teacher teaches many subjects. A secondary teacher only delivering Maths for example, will have less preparation to do and can re-use, rinse and repeat material with various classes.

Then there's the constant barrage of coughs, colds, sickness bugs, etc. on top of that.

PIAP Like others have said, go and find a primary teacher, do a job and salary swap with them for a month; I doubt you'd last a week.

MF - really sorry to hear about the difficulties with your child, that must be very difficult to deal with.

Comment

My S-I-L occasionally has training days on the last few days of the holidays but that's about it.

Then there are the in service days. Last year the school had to close when they all swanned off to Celtic Manor for 2 days.

Surely that could have been done during holidays?
              Sounds like she's just waiting until the Daily Mail get's hold of her and exposes her carry on's to the angst of her peers and the general public to me. Sounds like she's not really doing her job very well and coasting/taking the piss.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Sounds like she's just waiting until the Daily Mail get's hold of her and exposes her carry on's to the angst of her peers and the general public to me. Sounds like she's not really doing her job very well and coasting/taking the piss.
                No, all the teaching staff went at the behest of the head.

Ostensibly, it was some kind of training / development day.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                  They are incredibly over worked and under payed, given that they are the people responsible for shaping the future of our next generation of business men and women.
                  If this is the case, then they only need to teach psychopathy and lying.
                  Last edited by billybiro; 7 November 2017, 14:49.

Comment

No, all the teaching staff went at the behest of the head.

Ostensibly, it was some kind of training / development day.
                    Cool story bro....
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Cool story bro....
                      Wish I could have a few days there at the tax payer's expense.

I've never been to Celtic Manor before

Comment

Working...
                      X