• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflakes teaching snowflakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowflakes teaching snowflakes

Wallasey teacher quit after only one term due to stress | Daily Mail Online

And so it begins. How bad will the next generation be?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Mac05's teacher was newly qualified and quit after a year (to be come a recruiter for all things, but that is another story), sometimes they just get nightmare kids where even the parents struggle to control them so ship them off to school so they get a break, but most of the time (including the case above) it's not the kids that they struggle with, its the politics/government/admin bollocks that they just aren't prepared for as all the focus is on the teaching during their training
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Wallasey teacher quit after only one term due to stress | Daily Mail Online

And so it begins. How bad will the next generation be?
      My teachers were always having a nervous breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Mac05's teacher was newly qualified and quit after a year (to be come a recruiter for all things, but that is another story), sometimes they just get nightmare kids where even the parents struggle to control them so ship them off to school so they get a break, but most of the time (including the case above) it's not the kids that they struggle with, its the politics/government/admin bollocks that they just aren't prepared for as all the focus is on the teaching during their training
        But quitting after only one term ?? Give me a break

Comment

People go into teaching as they are told it is well paid (it is comparatively) and because you are there to nuture kids and make a difference to their future (rarely that is possible)

As others say the admin, long hours, petty bollocks and most of all pointless, stupid, selfish pushy middle class ******* who think that their little Tarquin and Guinevere really should be given special treatment because they are gifted when in reality they still play with their own $h1t and cannot read are the main reasons why some teachers struggle.

Comment

Give him a break, he didn't get home until 18:30.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              People go into teaching as they are told it is well paid (it is comparatively) and because you are there to nuture kids and make a difference to their future (rarely that is possible)

As others say the admin, long hours, petty bollocks and most of all pointless, stupid, selfish pushy middle class ******* who think that their little Tarquin and Guinevere really should be given special treatment because they are gifted when in reality they still play with their own $h1t and cannot read are the main reasons why some teachers struggle.
              Sounds like my last contract...(*******=client management team) !

Comment

Most parents these days don't care what there kids do at school as long as they are not under their feet.

Can we replace teachers with prison guards?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  People go into teaching as they are told it is well paid (it is comparatively) and because you are there to nuture kids and make a difference to their future (rarely that is possible).
                  I'm not sure that's true. The pay scales are publicly available and if anyone goes in to teaching not realising the pay is nothing like what it should be for the hours etc they are too stupid to be teaching.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I'm not sure that's true. The pay scales are publicly available and if anyone goes in to teaching not realising the pay is nothing like what it should be for the hours etc they are too stupid to be teaching.
                    Are you on drugs?

My sister in law is a head of department on £50k pa. In Cornwall. Yes, she has to bring work home but she's in the school 8:30 - 4 most days and she gets 12 weeks' holiday and, no doubt, a gold plated pension to look forward to.

Comment

Working...
                    X