• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Indian Offshoring moving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    There are worse names...
    Yes. Feel free not to use those either.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      There are worse names...
      Indeed. The B-word, for example. Indicates all sorts of congenital stupidity.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Erm.. Guys n gals... I'd drop the Bob term before Cojak turns up. Not very PC anymore. .
        Would it be OK to start calling them Shawadiwadis instead? It's a bit of a pain to type each time though.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A large bank I used to work for (or have worked for 4 times) used to use an indian off shore provider, us contractors had to work through them no choice (or walk) late payments were common, lots of untruths told I always shudder when I get a call off one of the recruiters from these companies today. Very difficult people to deal with....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Erm.. Guys n gals... I'd drop the Bob term before Cojak turns up. Not very PC anymore. Was OK back in the day of our long since departed esteemed coder but I've a feeling it's frowned upon now it's become a generic term.
            I don't know anyone that uses Bob apart from this website. I'm the first to admit I don't get out often but now we are banning Bob, it's easy to type and short? What's going on in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I don't know anyone that uses Bob apart from this website. I'm the first to admit I don't get out often but now we are banning Bob, it's easy to type and short? What's going on in the world?
              The problem here is that Bob is used as a shortcut for Indian when its really a short cut for incompetent, untrustworthy Indian who will do anything he can to pin the blame elsewhere. Hence as a short cut for Indian its got connotations that could be considered racist.

Sadly its rare when dealing with some Indian outsources that I don't continually encounter such people. Other firms I've never had a problem with...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                The problem here is that Bob is used as a shortcut for Indian when its really a short cut for incompetent, untrustworthy Indian who will do anything he can to pin the blame elsewhere. Hence as a short cut for Indian its got connotations that could be considered racist.

Sadly its rare when dealing with some Indian outsources that I don't continually encounter such people. Other firms I've never had a problem with...
                Yep but it's not calling all Indians incompetent etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I've dealt with similar behaviour from groups of individuals from 2 Southern European countries that work was outsourced to, and no they weren't Portuguese.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I've dealt with similar behaviour from groups of individuals from 2 Southern European countries that work was outsourced to, and no they weren't Portuguese.
                    To be fair, just because you have had tulipty experiences with individuals from the Europe, doesn't negate the chronic problems with Indian outsourcing companies.

Comment

I've dealt with similar behaviour from groups of individuals from several Northern European countries that I worked in.

Comment

Working...
                      X