• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Indian Offshoring moving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Oh, don't be so G-A-Y
    You mean merry or lively?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      or
      : cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, light-hearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy, bright, in good spirits, in high spirits, joyful, elated, exuberant, animated, lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant, bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent, playful, frolicsome; ??

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I think in all of this it is important to recognise that the behaviour of the indians in the off shoring firms only exist because of the companies they work for.

The first thing to recognise is that the sole interest of these firms is to make money out of you - they do not care about your project, your company or your goals - they will make as much money out of you and will happily crap on your project if it means they can get an extra few days consultancy out of it.

These guys you are talking to are given a cut of every single extra days consultancy they can screw out of you by insisting it is a change request to a spec you agreed over a crackly line to indian at 6 am 6 months ago.

The company I am with spanked 5 million with IBM - while 5 million seems a lot of money to companies such as IBM it is peanuts - probably less than that and they will happily hoover up that 5 million in green fees etc before you even write a line of code.

My brother works for a large global corp who are replacing their global billing platform - that project is running into the 100's of millions and they get good service - go figure.

The reason you are starting to see it from some of our eastern european friends is not because they have changed but because they now work for companies with cultures as described above.

So moral of the story - unless you are going to spend 100's of millions of quids do not use IBM or any other large company who does 'IT consultancy and offshoring'
        It wasn't Eastern European friends in my cases.

They are and always have been lovely to work with.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and instead of B**s they should be called COWs. Cheap Overseas Workers. They also do tend to arrive in herds.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            Oh, don't be so G-A-Y
            You can say agfay instead. It's probably off Cojak's radar for now.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
              Seriously - really?

Banning overtly racist terms is one thing, if nothing else to prevent legal ramifications on the forum owners, but the B** word?

Can't believe how PC this forum has become

Are you going to ban "snowflake" next?
              Well, it's Admin's forum and his rules apply. He will give you a refund if you wish.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Well, it's Admin's forum and his rules apply. He will give you a refund if you wish.
                But of course, "Suck on my whopper you pontificating gobsh!te" is perfectly acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Oh and instead of B**s they should be called COWs. Cheap Overseas Workers. They also do tend to arrive in herds.
                  Why are you saying B**s instead of Bobs. Everyone knows what we are talking about. Are we now saying to get around being banned we should use B*b instead of Bob?

Seriously, when you start to ban words or swap them for words that take their meaning it's a slippery slop.

Don't like Cow, if I call someone a stupid cow I don't want to be accused of being racist.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    You can say agfay instead. It's probably off Cojak's radar for now.
                    I think when young lads these days use the term amongst themselves, it means lame.

My nephew, for instance, was complaining the other day that he didn't like being made to watch strictly with his parents because it's gay.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      is that Bork from trapdoor?
                      feck me, that was a while ago

Berk

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X