• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Indian Offshoring moving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Indian Offshoring moving...

... from the IT Call Centres to Recruitment? Had 3 phone calls this morning from Indian agents and I have this urge to give up hope.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    ... from the IT Call Centres to Recruitment? Had 3 phone calls this morning from Indian agents and I have this urge to give up hope.
    They have been doing this for some years now. They tend to be linked to the Offshore body-shops so they won't be paying UK market rates. Just quote a silly rate (tbh they'll think almost anything is a silly rate) and they'll leave you alone.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think a few on here have taken roles via offshore agents. Horrible working conditions, troubles getting paid, etcetc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        They have been doing this for some years now. They tend to be linked to the Offshore Bodyshops so they won't be paying UK market rates. Just quote a silly rate (tbh they'll think almost anything is a silly rate) and they'll leave you alone.
        The problem is, they have short memories as they will call back within 2 minutes from a differemt number as if they haven't spoken to you and they will use different names to introduce themselves.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I have a very finely tuned bullsh!t detector.

With these sorts of calls I normally hang up before they've even finished their first sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            I have a very finely tuned bullsh!t detector.

With these sorts of calls I normally hang up before they've even finished their first sentence.
            With me it is the way they say "Hello" in an echo chamber.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              With me it is the way they say "Hello" in an echo chamber.
              I usually hear the Dalek voice within a few words. I have just had another one on the phone (I think it was the same caller with an Indian accent) calling from a very bad phone line.

Comment

Apologies to any Indians and my Indian friends but personally when i hear an Indian accent i want to stick my head in a bucket.

It just screams ‘insincere bollox’...

Comment

Erm.. Guys n gals... I'd drop the Bob term before Cojak turns up. Not very PC anymore. Was OK back in the day of our long since departed esteemed coder but I've a feeling it's frowned upon now it's become a generic term.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Erm.. Guys n gals... I'd drop the Bob term before Cojak turns up. Not very PC anymore. Was OK back in the day of our long since departed esteemed coder but I've a feeling it's frowned upon now it's become a generic term.
                    There are worse names...
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X