• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Indian Offshoring moving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    This.

I have chosen to simply edit the term when I see it. From now on I’ll send the person a warning before I start banning.
    Seriously - really?

Banning overtly racist terms is one thing, if nothing else to prevent legal ramifications on the forum owners, but the B** word?

Can't believe how PC this forum has become

Are you going to ban "snowflake" next?
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      Are you going to ban "snowflake" next?
      No, we just gave them their own sub-forum where they can whinge on about "I want" and "I deserve" and "they are bad" and "they are nasty"
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        No, we just gave them their own sub-forum where they can whinge on about "I want" and "I deserve" and "they are bad" and "they are nasty"
        You mean the brexit forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          No, because we'd have to explain rhyming slang to them, and life's just too fooking short...
          Berk

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Berk
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

I have to agree with the admins / mods on this one. I made an error in judgement on my post. I would have done the same thing if I were in their position. I think this thread should either be locked or deleted now as I realise what I raised was in poor taste.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                I have to agree with the admins / mods on this one. I made an error in judgement on my post. I would have done the same thing if I were in their position. I think this thread should either be locked or deleted now as I realise what I raised was in poor taste.
                It's not about you, stop feeling so self important.

It's about words like Bob, being taken away from our vocab because of a minority. If you think someone is saying or using it in a racist way, call em out but don't ban the word.

Comment

Don't beat yourself up, if we take the poor taste out of General, what else is there?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Oh, don't be so G-A-Y

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                      is that Bork from trapdoor?
                      feck me, that was a while ago

Comment

Working...
                      X