• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Closures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Closures

Cutting to the chase - do councils close roads these days for things that they wouldn't have closed them in the past?

It's growing menace - every time I go out it seems somewhere along my route is closed with little or no warning.

And the really, really annoying thing is that a lot of the time, you get out the car, move the "Road Closed" sign into the verge & drive on to find there's enough space to fit a tank through.

Drives me mad & it's even more maddening when they finally re-open the route and you see the 3rd world standard of their bodged repairs.

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Cutting to the chase - do councils close roads these days for things that they wouldn't have closed them in the past?

It's growing menace - every time I go out it seems somewhere along my route is closed with little or no warning.

And the really, really annoying thing is that a lot of the time, you get out the car, move the "Road Closed" sign into the verge & drive on to find there's enough space to fit a tank through.

Drives me mad & it's even more maddening when they finally re-open the route and you see the 3rd world standard of their bodged repairs.

Many years ago I had a Fiat 500 (original type) road closure did not apply as did driving on pavements, down alleyways etc
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Many years ago I had a Fiat 500 (original type) road closure did not apply as did driving on pavements, down alleyways etc
      Much like bicycles today.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Keep plugging away.

You'll get there in the end.

Or end up fixing fruit machines like me.
        Councils aren't closing the road utility companies are due to the fecked infrastructure that was never dealt with in the 80s and 90s.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Councils aren't closing the road utility companies are due to the fecked infrastructure that was never dealt with in the 80s and 90s.
          SE quote gone wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            SE quote gone wrong again.
            Yep

Really suits this thread.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X