• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paradise Papers: Queen should apologise, suggests Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was crying with Laughter this morning as Margaret <Guess where my families money lives> Hodge started moaning about people putting money in Tax Havens. Next I expect Jezza to invite Bono to opine about rich tax dodgers.

oh talking the talk but crawling the floor

Labour accused of hypocrisy after blocking measures to crackdown on £8.6billion tax avoidance

Labour has been accused of hypocrisy after it blocked a planned crackdown on tax avoidance which would have raised £8.6billion for the Treasury.

Jeremy Corbyn's party forced three key measures to be dropped from the Government's finance bill earlier this week, including new rules to stop companies from shifting losses overseas to avoid corporation tax.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I couldn't give a monkey's to be honest. The loopholes exist because successive governments all over the world allowed them to exist.

The people who make the most of them can afford to pay for the advice needed to exploit those loopholes properly. Good luck to them.

I don't have their income/earning power so I will never be one of them. I'm pretty sure, if I had the cash, my money would be invested offshore and I'd pay the taxes due when I repatriated it to top up my gin stash.

Yes, the tax revenue from those funds could pay for essential public services. I'd be asking why HMG allowed overseas British territories to have these arrangements that are to the detriment of the UK purse?

Comment

Working...
      X