• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paradise Papers: Queen should apologise, suggests Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Papers: Queen should apologise, suggests Corbyn

Looks like the elite are still in charge.. thought the referendum was going to fix that?

Republic now!

Why do the working classes enjoy being shafted so much.. is it a variation of Stockholm syndrome or something?

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has suggested the Queen, among others, should apologise for using overseas tax havens.

At the CBI conference he was asked whether the Queen should say sorry for making overseas investments.

He said: "Anyone that is putting money in to tax havens... should do two things, not just apologise for it, recognise what it does to our society."

The BBC has revealed that the Queen's estate has used overseas tax havens.

It comes after a leak from the tax haven of Bermuda revealed the secret overseas investments of the rich and famous, including the Queen.

Buckingham Palace has not commented on the revelation that the Duchy of Lancaster, which handles the Queen's private wealth, used offshore investments.

A spokesperson for the Duchy of Lancaster said: "We operate a number of investments and a few of these are with overseas funds. All of our investments are fully audited and legitimate.

"The Queen voluntarily pays tax on any income she receives from the Duchy."
    Source: Paradise Papers: Queen should apologise, suggests Corbyn - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Turns out there are BBC stars in tax dodging shocker.

I more surprised it is that successful as I find Mr's Browns Boys as funny as a root canal op.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

I more surprised it is that successful as I find Mr's Browns Boys as funny as a root canal op.

qh
      Houlihan told the Irish Times he had joined the Scheme after receiving professional advice without fully understanding it
      That old chestnut...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This Roy Lyness chap seems to need a attached to him...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh

Damm BBC and their left wing agenda

That's it I'm cancelling my internet license.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Looks like the elite are still in charge.. thought the referendum was going to fix that?

Republic now!

Why do the working classes enjoy being shafted so much.. is it a variation of Stockholm syndrome or something?

Source: Paradise Papers: Queen should apologise, suggests Corbyn - BBC News
            Nicely selective quote there from a misleadingly headlined story. He didn't single out the Queen specifically and what actually reported was :

"He said anyone putting money into tax havens for the purposes of avoidance should "not just apologise for it, recognise what it does to our society".

Now given that she voluntarily pays tax on everything she earns, including through the Duchy of Lancaster, despite being exempt from taxes means she hasn't actually avoided anything so isn't really covered by Corbyn's statement.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The Queen is exempt from Tax. Fu ck off Corbyn
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                The Queen is exempt from Tax. Fu ck off Corbyn
                but apparently not from tax payer benefits.

Republic now!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  but apparently not from tax payer benefits.

Republic now!
                  Boycott Apple more like!!!

An apple a day keeps the taxman away.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

One commentator suggested she should resign.

After that he went off to talk to his plants.

Comment

Working...
                    X