• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flip the Bird Bird Has Been Sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip the Bird Bird Has Been Sacked

linky

A woman has been fired from her job after an image of her trailing President Donald Trump’s motorcade on her bike to give him the middle finger went viral.

Juli Briskman attracted headlines around the world after a White House photographer snapped her cycling past President Trump’s motorcade as it left the Trump National Golf Club in Virginia to flip him the bird last month.

Despite the fact the motorcade then overtook the 50-year-old she eventually caught up and gave Mr Trump the one-finger greeting again.

Ms Briskman has now said she was fired from her job at government contractor Akima LCC where she worked in marketing and communications.
    There is no crowd funding link for us to show appreciation for her efforts to tide her over until she gets a new role.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    linky

There is no crowd funding link for us to show appreciation for her efforts to tide her over until she gets a new role.
    Just think, after that which cannot be named has finally come to it's conclusion, the UK could have the same fantastic labour laws that the USA has
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Just think, after that which cannot be named has finally come to it's conclusion, the UK could have the same fantastic labour laws that the USA has
      It already has.

I lost my job over a Facebook post - was that fair? - BBC News

Disgraceful way the lady was treated. The UK needs far more like her.

Comment

i'd have appointed her head of PR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          It already has.

I lost my job over a Facebook post - was that fair? - BBC News

Disgraceful way the lady was treated. The UK needs far more like her.
          Indeed - and we need to fight this naziism from within.

Or at the very least - we only prosecute if someone actually complains - especially in cases like this...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Indeed - and we need to fight this naziism from within.

Or at the very least - we only prosecute if someone actually complains - especially in cases like this...
            Of course, this case was in Surrey. Place is full of f00ktards. Look at the CUK posters who live there.....

Comment

Of course, this case was in Surrey. Place is full of f00ktards. Look at the CUK posters who live there.....
              Interestingly enough we have just moved onto Surrey for the rollout of our new service.

You are correct they are thick as pig$h!t.

Comment

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Serves her right, bloody cyclists think they own the roads.

Get off the roads and pester pedestrians instead on your 'shared' cycle paths.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                  X