• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I am dodging...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am dodging...

am I evading or avoiding?

Please note there are 2 "d"s in there.....

I don't want to think about your dogding

Milan.

Comment

If your dodge is not done by guile or trickery then you are avoiding. If it is considered a deceitful dodge, then you are evading.
      Swerving round a discarded gel wrapper = avoiding it
      Discarding the gel wrapper on the ground rather than disposing of it in a bin = evading being a responsible citizen.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        am I evading or avoiding?

Please note there are 2 "d"s in there.....
        I think you'll find it should only be one 'd' and 3 'g's
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If your dodge is not done by guile or trickery then you are avoiding. If it is considered a deceitful dodge, then you are evading.
          Swerving round a discarded gel wrapper = avoiding it
          Discarding the gel wrapper on the ground rather than disposing of it in a bin = evading being a responsible citizen.
          So is the mod attitude to doing any moderation classed as avoidance or evasion?

I am looking for the admin definition.

Comment

Many moons ago I did an accountancy course as part of my training, and one of the subjects was tax avoidance.

Examples of tax avoidance are:

Selecting one type of depreciation over another. HMRC allow you choices about how you depreciate your "assets" (Carry on up the factory - ooh cheeky ) so depending on the method you can reduce your tax.

You can get married and use your marriage tax allowance.

This is what we were taught, no mention of offshore funds, syphoning income through a Swiss subsiduary or setting up bogus companies in the Cayman Islands.

In other words if there is an HMRC document which explains it, it is tax avoidance, if some shady character in an ill fitting suit and a garish tie sniggers when he says the words "legal", it probably isn't.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              some shady character in an ill fitting suit and a garish tie sniggers when he says the words "legal", it probably isn't.
              But enough about Brillo ....
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So is the mod attitude to doing any moderation classed as avoidance or evasion?

I am looking for the admin definition.
                That's the critical word there.

In the last 12 hours there have been 3 emails reporting posts. All three were dealt with in a timely manner.

If you feel we are not giving you enough infractions, just drop me a mail and that can be rectified.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  In other words if you are rich it is tax avoidance, if you are poor it is evasion
                  FTFY

Comment

Of course, I have already realized that CUKkers do not believe that anyone pays their fair share of tax. Apart from them.

And that their status as honest contractors is being undermined by all the other contractors who are dishonest.

Thank God for admin and his common sense. And I never thought I would be posting that....

Comment

Working...
                    X