• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real Names in Forums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    NLUK is a long way down the list.
    Who's list?

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      I used to use my real name but then got an email from the client company who check this site
      Oh yeah, I remember your real name now! Blimey that was ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        You're assuming people use their real names on facebook.

I do have a facebook account with my real name but that's just a basic profile for anyone wanting to check up on me prior/post interview to have an online presence, and to stop anyone else putting a fake profile on their using my real name.
        Erm, what is facebook ? It is not one of the professional websites that I am familiar with .

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Erm, what is facebook ? It is not one of the professional websites that I am familiar with .
          Its what you tell the family you are accessing when you are looking at f**kbook.

Comment

This does raise the question, am I a real aeroplane, or are my wings "fake news"?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Do I look like a ******* performing orangutan!

FTFY
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't really care. I use my real name on most forums I post on but probably the most controversial thing I ever do is argue with 3rd wave feminists.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Morning All,

real names in forums

we all grew up with the Data Protection Act, Privacy, pseudo names on the Internet

and today's generation have grown up with Facebook and no privacy and full visibility.

Could it ever happen that CUK would become like Facebook and everybody use their real names ?

If yes, would you share with the rest what your pseudo name was ? Or would you claim a different one ?

Who would associate my previous history with ? hmm, difficult thing really, who on CUK displays the exemplary behavior that you would associate your former self with, I guess the only answer is moi.

Milan.
                  I would never use my real name on a forum.
                  P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                    I would never use my real name on a forum.
                    Whereas I would never use my user name.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Nah. Cos someone would go around and kick NLUKs head in if they knew who he was ;-)
                      Nah. He’d just never get a job working as a security guard again.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X