• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welsh Politician commits suicide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welsh *AM*. /pedantic

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Just edited the title of the thread to say he was a politician, not a Westminster MP
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
        These witchhunts are completely getting out of hand.

It's not right that people are being hauled over the coals before any charges are pressed.

Just a bit of a curveball here but I was thinking of how May could clear this up once and for all.

It's simple - if you have a grievance you have a finite amount of time in which to report it.

Once that time has elapsed, that's it. Tough.
        There is no-one and no Department where a person CAN report it.

Fix that first, policies and procedures stating actions and timescales will come from the head of that department.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          There is no-one and no Department where a person CAN report it.

Fix that first, policies and procedures stating actions and timescales will come from the head of that department.
          This.

MPs have been self-regulating for too long. There should be an unelected body that covers HR activities (for want of a better description) this would include proving new MPs with information on what to do, processing expenses, defining pay rises/cuts, and providing a neutral place for reporting issues and dealing with them. It's clear that MPs are incapable of acting in a noble manner, so this needs to happen.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Very sad news. If the woman who made the allegation turns out to have made the whole thing up, I hope she is charged with manslaughter.

Comment

https://www.ourcommons.ca/About/BOIE...rassment-e.pdf

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/c...ect-Policy.pdf
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                Very sad news. If the woman who made the allegation turns out to have made the whole thing up, I hope she is charged with manslaughter.
                She can't be.

And why do you presume those who alleged rape/sexual assault are liars?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  She can't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    Well, change the bloody law then it does clear it all up
                    MPs are too busy abusing each other to pass laws....

Comment

She can't be.

He didn't assume, he said if.

Nasty little reply from you there.

Comment

Working...
                      X