• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best savings rates....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best savings rates....

Looking to invest £30-40K. Seen a 1.95% rate with Atom Bank, which is an app-only account.
    Vanquis are offering 1.86.

Both above are for a year term.

Anyone used them?

Another option I am looking at is Ratesetter - Zopa are not taking on new investors. I am interested in the Peer to Peer ISA - Ratesetter don't have this at present - Is it worth waiting, going with Ratesetter regular account or another option?

I'd hold out for a Zopa account.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
      Cool - Will join the waiting list.

Comment

I did the same a couple of weeks ago - will let you know if I get an invite.

Comment

STick it into an index linked fund and forget about it.
          Am shocked to see how well my pension is performing, makes me feel
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            FTFY
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              STick it into an index linked fund and forget about it.
              GBP and USD recent devaluation and tax changes account for the recent stock-market surges. P/E ratios are quite high in the UK and USA for the top companies. Go look at a FTSE100 graph or S&P.

You're advising to invest in an index tracker NOW? That's an idea dreamt up from nonsense. Stocks are at an all-time high and can only go so high based on currency devaluation and some minor corporate changes - absolutely invest in cash and some trust holdings now until they head downwards within the next year max.

Alternatively, invest a little every month to offset the forthcoming doom and forget about those transfers. Investing individual large sums over the next 3 months is a fool's game.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
                GBP and USD recent devaluation and tax changes account for the recent stock-market surges. P/E ratios are quite high in the UK and USA for the top companies. Go look at a FTSE100 graph or S&P.

You're advising to invest in an index tracker NOW? That's an idea dreamt up from nonsense. Stocks are at an all-time high and can only go so high based on currency devaluation and some minor corporate changes - absolutely invest in cash and some trust holdings now until they head downwards within the next year max.

Alternatively, invest a little every month to offset the forthcoming doom and forget about those transfers. Investing individual large sums over the next 3 months is a fool's game.
                Short term thinking. I'm talking over 20 years. 40K is a small sum after all.
                Some of my index funds are emerging markets, now is the time to get in if you have a 10-20 year outlook.
                Very little invested in UK securities.
                And yes I have a diversified portfolio including cash and property.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                  I love watching it tick up every day. Just over 100k now. Not sure of the exact return but seems to be around 5 1/2 percent.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin - when will you people learn?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X