Best savings rates.... Best savings rates....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Super poster

    Wilmslow is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Best savings rates....

    Looking to invest £30-40K. Seen a 1.95% rate with Atom Bank, which is an app-only account.
    Vanquis are offering 1.86.

    Both above are for a year term.

    Anyone used them?

    Another option I am looking at is Ratesetter - Zopa are not taking on new investors. I am interested in the Peer to Peer ISA - Ratesetter don't have this at present - Is it worth waiting, going with Ratesetter regular account or another option?

  2. #2

    Fingers like lightning

    mattfx is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    I'd hold out for a Zopa account.

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Wilmslow is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post
    I'd hold out for a Zopa account.
    Cool - Will join the waiting list.

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    mattfx is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    I did the same a couple of weeks ago - will let you know if I get an invite.

  5. #5

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    STick it into an index linked fund and forget about it.
    Am shocked to see how well my pension is performing, makes me feel
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Am shocked to see how well my pension is performing, makes me feel
    FTFY
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  7. #7

    Should post faster

    contractorinatractor is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    STick it into an index linked fund and forget about it.
    Am shocked to see how well my pension is performing, makes me feel
    GBP and USD recent devaluation and tax changes account for the recent stock-market surges. P/E ratios are quite high in the UK and USA for the top companies. Go look at a FTSE100 graph or S&P.

    You're advising to invest in an index tracker NOW? That's an idea dreamt up from nonsense. Stocks are at an all-time high and can only go so high based on currency devaluation and some minor corporate changes - absolutely invest in cash and some trust holdings now until they head downwards within the next year max.

    Alternatively, invest a little every month to offset the forthcoming doom and forget about those transfers. Investing individual large sums over the next 3 months is a fool's game.

  8. #8

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    GBP and USD recent devaluation and tax changes account for the recent stock-market surges. P/E ratios are quite high in the UK and USA for the top companies. Go look at a FTSE100 graph or S&P.

    You're advising to invest in an index tracker NOW? That's an idea dreamt up from nonsense. Stocks are at an all-time high and can only go so high based on currency devaluation and some minor corporate changes - absolutely invest in cash and some trust holdings now until they head downwards within the next year max.

    Alternatively, invest a little every month to offset the forthcoming doom and forget about those transfers. Investing individual large sums over the next 3 months is a fool's game.
    Short term thinking. I'm talking over 20 years. 40K is a small sum after all.
    Some of my index funds are emerging markets, now is the time to get in if you have a 10-20 year outlook.
    Very little invested in UK securities.
    And yes I have a diversified portfolio including cash and property.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post
    I'd hold out for a Zopa account.
    I love watching it tick up every day. Just over 100k now. Not sure of the exact return but seems to be around 5 1/2 percent.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,554

    Default

    bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin - when will you people learn?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •