• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Workwear as an Allowable Expense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm genuinely impressed by this post, well done.
    But his knowledge of expenses and level and effort of research is utter tulip.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      But his knowledge of expenses and level and effort of research is utter tulip.
      I agree. But the creative effort in coming up with a visual studio outfit with the api signatures on it, well I'm just impressed. Obviously he is trolling, but in a month of Sundays I could not come up with a visual studio api jumper. With the added benefit of throwing in scrum master, well it's just good.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I agree. But the creative effort in coming up with a visual studio outfit with the api signatures on it, well I'm just impressed. Obviously he is trolling, but in a month of Sundays I could not come up with a visual studio api jumper. With the added benefit of throwing in scrum master, well it's just good.
        I'm not sure he/she/it isn't serious, judging by previous posts

Comment

What you need to do, is get on over here and get your own tracksuit: https://getonfleek.com/

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

At one gig I say a guy wearing a tee shirt with 'vi' on the back, thought he was one of us cool unix-types women fawn over. Turned out he wasn't, it was some attempt at being cool by have the roman numeral 6 on it. And he didn't know how to get out of input mode or set line numbers.

Comment

Your scrum master is a moron

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
                Your scrum master is a moron
                I think you are being too specific.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  At one gig I say a guy wearing a tee shirt with 'vi' on the back, thought he was one of us cool unix-types women fawn over. Turned out he wasn't, it was some attempt at being cool by have the roman numeral 6 on it. And he didn't know how to get out of input mode or set line numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    Yes, I know this has been done before and normally the answer is no but I think I can claim extenuating circumstances given my current situation.

New contractor that has joined us wears a Visual Studio tracksuit. Quite snazzy it is with the splashscreen emplazoned all over the front and I like the way all the API methods are printed down the sleeves - a bit like how a F1 driver has badges of various oil brands and tyre makes all over his outfit.

Anyhow, as this contractor is our new scrum master, he's suggested we all invest in one as he wants to promote a more "sports team" like environment and have us all jump to it and get over to the whiteboard table at the prompt of "ok guys, timeout".

Would this be allowable?
                    And there's me thinking a polo shirt with company logo on it would be a bit OTT? Has anyone smacked him in the chops yet?

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      If it's a requirement for the gig, that suggests Direction and Control. If there is no Direction and Control, then that suggests it's not a requirement for the gig.
                      Safety equipment doesn't come into that definition, IIRC. Perhaps as an anti-safety measure this trackie could be considered in the same manner. By wearing such a vile outfit someone might bump off the OP?

Comment

Working...
                      X