• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to go for my birthday weekend break?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
    skegness
    He'll only lower the tone.

Comment

Thailand?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Taking a young child away with you rather reduces your options, I’d have thought. Under two, I assume?

I’d bin the flight plans and go somewhere in the car, taking care to avoid the half-term week.

Best option I’ve seen so far is Celtic Manor (or an equivalent posh hotel). You’ll have leisure facilities, nice restaurants, presumably a babysitting service. You can take your child’s stuff in the car. What’s not to like?

Comment

Tabor

Fantastic place. Absolutely fascinating historical features going all the way back to the 15c.

Awesome food, great beer and friendly people and not really much of a tourist area so no tourists!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Centre Parcs!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
              Taking a young child away with you rather reduces your options, I’d have thought. Under two, I assume?

I’d bin the flight plans and go somewhere in the car, taking care to avoid the half-term week.

Best option I’ve seen so far is Celtic Manor (or an equivalent posh hotel). You’ll have leisure facilities, nice restaurants, presumably a babysitting service. You can take your child’s stuff in the car. What’s not to like?
              Great minds and all that

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              How about Celtic Manor?

You won't have the stress of a long return journey and you can also give me the lowdown as I'm planning a trip there myself in a few weeks to see John Bishop
              Not only that, he may get to meet me there...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Venice.
                British tourists complain to mayor after being charged £463 for lunch in Venice

British tourists complain to mayor after being charged £463 for lunch in Venice
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post

He's not taking the children, or so he says.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah gotcha. I didn't read the spec properly.

Still, flying for a 3 day break isn't my bag, unless there's something specific to go for, like a gig or a sporting event. If I had to fly from South Wales I'd go for Amsterdam.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      He's not taking the children, or so he says.
                      He's not taking HIS children...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X