• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti Resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes cannot be applied retrospectively. I think you will lose some CUK votes there. Unless I am excluded.

Legalise assisted dying. By machine gun? Allowed against all cyclists who break your cycling laws?

Dare I ask what you would do about B****t?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Dare I ask what you would do about B****t?

I've got used to your B***s**t, might put you in the Ministry for Information.

If you're talking about the other thing, I would get the sharpest minds in the country... to round up a wide group of people and put them in a special place where they can argue day in, day out about it.
      Once they work out what they actually want (not ethereal fuzzy words, but actual wants), then we'd review it.
      After doing all the preliminary work on that, we'd end up with a fact list and a desired end goal. Then we'd have a vote as to whether the country wanted that end goal or not based on the facts.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

What policies would you like?
        They need to be populist.
        Implement a system to check and record people leaving and entering the UK. It will take a minimum of one full parliament to implement. This will have the advantage that all illegal immigrants can be more easily tracked and chucked out plus all friendly countries members who aren't self-supporting can be sent home.

Make it a requirement that all foreign citizens from non-friendly countries entering the UK have health insurance from a list of approved providers that covers the duration of their stay and that it is checked on entry. Anyone without it is put on a flight home. A few high profile cases will ensure people comply.

Re-nationalise all of the probation service.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you're thinking our party might end up in outright power, sure you can be the Home Secretary.

What policies would you like?
          They need to be populist.
          Ah, populist.

OK, hanging for murder, paedophilia, and conviction for a third indictable offence ("Three strikes and you're out")

You'd walk it with those policies, provided the UK was out of the ECHR.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            She's pretty sound on Brexit: https://www.politico.eu/list/brexit-...ndrea-leadsom/

But I suspect TM would worry (possibly not without good reason) that she would start stealing the show and be seen as a possible successor.
            You cretins don't mind how thick your politicians are provided they support Brexit.
            It's become a religion with some.
            Honestly on what planet is Andrea Leadsom leadership material?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Ah, populist.

OK, hanging for murder, paedophilia, and conviction for a third indictable offence ("Three strikes and you're out")

You'd walk it with those policies, provided the UK was out of the ECHR.
              I am not Minister of Justice or the deputy PM but I will tell him and her your concerns.

Comment

Non-doms will pay tax on all property they own, and if that property is vacant the tax will be doubled
                Owners of multiple properties will pay tax on 2nd properties and beyond, taxes increased if they are unoccupied for more than half the year.
                I trust this will be rigorously applied to Air BNB flats in Edinburgh owned by former British citizens?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                  I trust this will be rigorously applied to Air BNB flats in Edinburgh owned by former British citizens?
                  Yes.

They do not pay tax in the UK therefore they will pay higher property taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Yes.

They do not pay tax in the UK therefore they will pay higher property taxes.
                    If I live long enough, I'm voting Fox.

Comment

It seems Priti has been replaced by someone who looks good in a swimsuit. Have we turned into Italy?

Comment

Working...
                      X