• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti Resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    May could have recovered a little standing by sacking her. Allowing her to resign leaves the PM still looking weak and unable to deal with a cabinet in chaos. She's not long for this Parliament… thankfully
    Are you mad? I hope she lasts the full five years. It's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Are you mad? I hope she lasts the full five years. It's hilarious.
      Not as hilarious as the next GE will be.

Won't be surprised if it's a proper hung parliament with Labour and the Tories trying to bribe the minor parties into coalition.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well it was pretty clear really.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Lots of names, but there's a context too. Alistair Burt would be a logical choice, but he was a fairly hardcore remainer IIRC, and May probably won't want to upset the balance, which keeps both wings broadly onside and gives her the casting vote. Penny Mordaunt, perhaps, given the context? She was called as SoS for Defence too, but ID is more likely.
          Sounds like Penny.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Not as hilarious as the next GE will be.

Won't be surprised if it's a proper hung parliament with Labour and the Tories trying to bribe the minor parties into coalition.
            £1.5bn last time. How much will it be next time?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              £1.5bn last time. How much will it be next time?
              That's giving me an idea. Anyone fancy setting up a political party?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                James Chapman.
                Jeremy Cliffe.

Who? Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Policy 1 - make all top live football free to watch for all. And cut price ground admission.

Not sure I will like your policy on cycling....

Comment

I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Policy 1 - make all top live football free to watch for all. And cut price ground admission.

Not sure I will like your policy on cycling....
                      You haven't heard my policy on it yet.

Remember, this is just to get in, it's not what we're going to deliver.

OK, Football:
                      1. Ground admission to be a max of £20
                      2. Football is within IR35 and all players must be employed by the clubs on PAYE.
                      3. Every club in the top division must have at least 5 UK players, with at least 2 on the pitch at any time. Not allowed more than 1 foreign player in any position.
                      4. Only the captain (plus any player questioned by the ref) is allowed to approach the ref.
                      5. Goal-line technology to be used.
                      6. Clubs to receive bonuses if their UK players end up playing in internationals.

Cycling:
                      1. Bikes to be fitted with bells
                      2. Bikes to be fitted with lights which do not flash, but that point downwards
                      3. Cycling proficiency test to be mandatory
                      4. Fines for failure to indicate, look or obey the law.
                      5. "Sportiv" races to be banned, all races should contribute to those directly affected by them.
                      6. Cycle clothing should not be black.

Rugby & cricket to be re-introduced at all schools.

There's a start.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X