• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spectrum Vega+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I've only backed on a few things. The drone that follows whoever is wearing the tracker, a finger print lock and some sound cancelling ear buds.
    I hope that's my Christmas present list.

Comment

I invested in crowd funding the Navdy HUD sat nav, great piece of kit, got first dibs when released, cost price, still in its box....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I invested in crowd funding the Navdy HUD sat nav, great piece of kit, got first dibs when released, cost price, still in its box....
        Does it have to be fitted by a professional?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Does it have to be fitted by a professional?
          Only the aux feed if you don't wanna dismantle the dash to get to the back of the ICE if you don't have one provided.

The rest is just routing thin wires behind pillar panels etc.

Comment

Anyone else funded this project and is sitting there still with no Vega+ and has been watching the sorry drama unfold all this time?
            I'll see your £500k and raise you £400k - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...smartest-watch

Pledges received: $1012742
            Due date: December 2013
            Date of last update: May 1, 2016

Total number of items shipped: 0

Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I'll see your £500k and raise you £400k - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...smartest-watch

Pledges received: $1012742
              Due date: December 2013
              Date of last update: May 1, 2016

Total number of items shipped: 0

Ouch!!!

Coincidently I've just received update #70. Telling me about exciting design changes and links to a video of a drill and reamer working on a block of aluminium They don't seem to have a clue. After this length of time a boring video of a drill working on making the tooling is not really great news to us.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I have done about 8 or projects on Kickstarter and a couple on Indigogo. I prefer the former because nothing happens unless all the funds are raised and I'll only really go for the latter if it actually looks like a viable product and not unicorn poo.

I quite like the crowdfunding model but it can (and does) go horribly wrong
                I've avoided Indigogo for everything apart from one project that was banned from Kickstarter (no idea why).

81 Kickstarter projects backed - 12 didn't hit the target, three refunded (two of those still shipped the product though), 11 "in progress" (10 very late), 1 hasn't finished funding yet.

Of the ones that completed and haven't arrived, three may have done and I missed them (software downloads), and one has said that they won't ever ship because Pebble stopped making their smartwatches.

I've probably spent about £3500 in total (which is more than I realised until I've just added it all up)
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I remember seeing this yonks ago and thought I want one of those....

Wasn't it promised for last xmas? And they still havent shipped any?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Anyone else funded this project and is sitting there still with no Vega+ and has been watching the sorry drama unfold all this time?
                    Yep got mine last month. I like it. All wrapped up and under the tree ready for Xmas day.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      I remember seeing this yonks ago and thought I want one of those....

Wasn't it promised for last xmas? And they still havent shipped any?
                      I seem to remember looking forward to playing it on the plane to vegas a year last September.

According to the last two updates they are still perfecting how to get bubbles out of the moldings of the buttons.

Here is that video from the update today.... Great huh.
                      https://youtu.be/7mu-zG2oJA4
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X