• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spectrum Vega+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've avoided Indigogo for everything apart from one project that was banned from Kickstarter (no idea why).
    If someone complaints it is a knock off of their idea they ban it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Only the aux feed if you don't wanna dismantle the dash to get to the back of the ICE if you don't have one provided.

The rest is just routing thin wires behind pillar panels etc.
      Ok I'm confused and I also want this.

So, I've got a car with an aux port and an obd2 port. If I connect navdy to the obd2, the phone to to the navdy via bluetooth and the phone to the aux port, will phone calls use the car speaker and is it the navdy that acts as the microphone? Stuppiddddddd questions i know.

Comment

Well the utter farce that is Vega+ continues to roll... Indigogo are sending in the Debt collectors it appears.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44319346

The unofficial Vega+ page makes for some very grim reading. Absolute incompetence across the board. No one comes out of it smelling of roses. It's unbelievable. Poor old Clive must be absolutely fuming.

Home » ZX Vega+ Backers Daily Updated News UNOFFICIAL and UNAUTHORISED
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Well the utter farce that is Vega+ continues to roll... Indigogo are sending in the Debt collectors it appears.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44319346

The unofficial Vega+ page makes for some very grim reading. Absolute incompetence across the board. No one comes out of it smelling of roses. It's unbelievable. Poor old Clive must be absolutely fuming.

Home » ZX Vega+ Backers Daily Updated News UNOFFICIAL and UNAUTHORISED
          Oh dear. Pity. Seems like they've let a lot of people down with this.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Oh dear. Pity. Seems like they've let a lot of people down with this.
            Absolutely. So many people willing to put so much money in it would take utter incompetence to fail on it, which they have, spectacularly.

Old type retro games are probably the easiest lot to work with as well. Too much money and are so in love with the past they'll pay quite a bit and suffer many more delays than your average consumer just get one. All that flexibility and Retro sill managed to mess it up. It's pretty unbelievable really.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Plenty of online retro games available via your browser. Compare and contrast with the £150M+ farce that is Star Citizen.

Comment

Meanwhile, the ZX Spectrum Next is chugging along just fine - there've been overruns, but of course there have; there always are with these things. But board-only backers have already received their kit, so we have confirmation that the hardware works, and the machine tooling for the cases is almost ready, with weekly updates on the process

Comment

While we're in a thread about vapourwear:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...leap_revealed/

The balls they must have to keep rolling out that pile of crap and ignore any questions around capability (they're 'not going to get caught out by that trick question' ). At least this 'demo' version has some lights that work.

Feel free to add to this thread any other products they keep promising yet we know are never going to be delivered.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Vega+ arrives - minimum viable product to avoid fraud charges?

Looks like the 'first' batch of Vega+ handhelds have been delivered to some.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...nds_on_review/

Worth the wait?

At least as it's using an open source emulator (FUSE) you should be able to load all those games you ain't gonna get shipped in the box.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Can't do much with The Hobbit and other classic adventures on a Vega.

Far better with World of Spectrum
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X