• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spectrum Vega+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectrum Vega+

Anyone else funded this project and is sitting there still with no Vega+ and has been watching the sorry drama unfold all this time?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nope - tell me more.

I successfully have pledged to three projects on Kickstarter. The one that was released nearest the time they stated was done by a child and his dad and involved plant waterers. The other 2 took about 18 months each to arise.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You should have put the money into bitcoin and been a millionaire by now.

Investing in anything useful only ends badly. Better off investing it unicorn-poo powered moped production.

Comment

Brief... summary here...

Sorry..Did I say brief??

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ndiegogo_saga/

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Brief... summary here...

Sorry..Did I say brief??

Aricle from March and you only noticed 7 months later? Did your better half have you locked in the basement all that time?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Aricle from March and you only noticed 7 months later? Did your better half have you locked in the basement all that time?
            I didn't need to notice it. I get all the updates in real time as I am a backer. I got campaign update number 69 yesterday. That's just a summary for SE or anyone else not involved that wants a laugh.

The last two have been about the manufacturing of the buttons :|

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Brief... summary here...

Sorry..Did I say brief??

Ahh Indiegogo...

One of the things I was going to pledge for on Kickstarter I found they were also raising money for it on Indiegogo so I didn't pledge. They took 3 years to produce the item. In that time a few people on Kickstarter after 16-18 months, where they were silent for 6 months demanded their money back.

In short if the item is on Indigogo I won't pledge as most of the products that don't appear and give people grief are on that site.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have done about 8 or projects on Kickstarter and a couple on Indigogo. I prefer the former because nothing happens unless all the funds are raised and I'll only really go for the latter if it actually looks like a viable product and not unicorn poo.

I quite like the crowdfunding model but it can (and does) go horribly wrong

Comment

I've only backed on a few things. The drone that follows whoever is wearing the tracker, a finger print lock and some sound cancelling ear buds. Cancelled the drone because it was taking too long, there were 3 or 4 other buds on market by the time I got mine and still waiting for the lock.. Oh and the Vega. Probably partly my fault not expecting the years of waiting but I'm completely off the whole thing.

I also backed that rebreather type scuba thing but cancelled within a week as it just looked too good to be true and turned out it was and it got cancelled.

The legal carry on with the Vega and the way they've handled it was a real eye open through.

Comment

What do you expect? They're emulating the original - which was well known for taking 28 days to arrive. Or considerably longer...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X