• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coincidentally, remote rehearsal sat. for a gig in NL next weekend :-)
    apart from that, SFA

Comment

TFA

Quite a laid back one for me.

It's the missus's birthday this weekend so after family chores tomorrow I'm taking her to a decent restaurant for dinner.

Sunday we've got an invite to take a look at the 2018 Bentley (out of my price range at the moment unfortunately). Then we're going for a late lunch in Winchester.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

On the pull, in my glad rags (see left).

Comment

Tomorrow:
          Gym - guitar lesson - curry/Netflix

Sunday:
          BJJ lesson - off to Brick lane and Totennham Court road to look at hats for Mrs J and shiney expensive music studio equipment for me.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Didn't realise there were so many musically inclined people here

Comment

Long day working today (everything seems to have been loaded to the end of the week, oh joy).

Tomorrow, down to Sussex to visit the folks after popping into the local hospital to visit my friend who's been bedridden because of pregnancy complications and is having a c-section today. Babe will be about 6 weeks premature.

Sunday, got to pop into F&M for more coffee beans, followed a swift sherbet in the basement wine bar. In the afternoon my beau arrives as he's working in town this week so no sleep until next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                Didn't realise there were so many musically inclined people here
                Please don't take up the guitar.

There is only so many wannabe young male "musicians" people can listen to.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yes, whereas the market for wannabe middle-aged male musicians is still pretty good.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Dream Crusher!!!

To quote the great Tommy Emmanuel - "It's never too late"

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Looking after the twins as Mrs Eek is in Glasgow doing what is left of her Xmas present shopping.

Then working on prototyping my new plan b - which I suspect will rapidly become my plan a.
                      Last edited by eek; 10 November 2017, 14:42.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X