• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Please don't take up the guitar.

There is only so many wannabe young male "musicians" people can listen to.
    I was thinking more the Jazz Flute - also, I only just fit into the "young" category and am rapidly heading toward middle aged!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yes, whereas the market for wannabe middle-aged male musicians is still pretty good.
      You count as old.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You count as old.

HTH
        I'm on my first (and only) marriage. What age were you when you were married the first time?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm on my first (and only) marriage. What age were you when you were married the first time?
          Too young. I should have waited until I was 147. And got written consent from both parents.....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Please don't take up the guitar.

There is only so many wannabe young male "musicians" people can listen to.
            My philosophy when playing guitar:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

It worked for Status Quo!
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think it's very unfair of you to pick on Brillo, just because he's screwed up his life. He has some redeeming features (and before you all start, I enjoy his friendly inquiries into weekend plans).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  I think it's very unfair of you to pick on Brillo, just because he's screwed up his life. He has some redeeming features (and before you all start, I enjoy his friendly inquiries into weekend plans).
                  Indeed. I was stupid enough to get married. And instead of taking the sensible decision of walking away from the kids I stood by them.

You have one redeeming feature. Everyone else on CUK has someone to look down on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Indeed. I was stupid enough to get married. And instead of taking the sensible decision of walking away from the kids I stood by them.

You have one redeeming feature. Everyone else on CUK has someone to look down on.
                    I admire your spirit for one so down on his luck. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Actually, if A is the first, then E is the fifth and C# is the (minor) third
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X