• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free at last from clutches of HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I have the PDF of the conversation. That will do me fine.
    I read recently that there are plans in the 2021 budget that anyone who has saved a conversation with HMRC as a PDF will be liable to pay tax in the UK on their income globally based on an exchange rate that has yet to be defined, plus interest going back 6 years, even if they have already paid tax on it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I read recently that there are plans in the 2021 budget that anyone who has saved a conversation with HMRC as a PDF will be liable to pay tax in the UK on their income globally based on an exchange rate that has yet to be defined, plus interest going back 6 years, even if they have already paid tax on it.
      I've told you to stop reading Brillo's misery blog.

Comment

I've told you to stop reading Brillo's misery blog.
        To be fair, I could imagine a blog by Brillo to be highly entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
          To be fair, I could imagine a blog by Brillo to be highly entertaining.
          Not if you have an ounce of human pity in your hardened and cynical soul.

Comment

HMRC is dead! Long live the Revenue Commissioners!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              HMRC is dead! Long live the Revenue Commissioners!
              It was having them both on my back that was bothering me. To be fair, the Revenue Commissioners had my tax refund in my bank account three days after my tax return was filed.

Comment

I have the PDF of the conversation. That will do me fine.
                They will still contact you and you will have to (try to) convince them using that PDF.

Comment

It was having them both on my back that was bothering me. To be fair, the Revenue Commissioners had my tax refund in my bank account three days after my tax return was filed.
                  The Revenue Commissioners are also equally quick at refunding VAT (at least to an Irish business account, if you are registered for VAT in Ireland).

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                    The Revenue Commissioners are also equally quick at refunding VAT (at least to an Irish business account, if you are registered for VAT in Ireland).
                    They're not so nice with the VRT, if it's them that do it....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      They're not so nice with the VRT, if it's them that do it....
                      They're no problem if you are paying VRT.

Comment

Working...
                      X