Free at last from clutches of HMRC Free at last from clutches of HMRC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I have the PDF of the conversation. That will do me fine.
    I read recently that there are plans in the 2021 budget that anyone who has saved a conversation with HMRC as a PDF will be liable to pay tax in the UK on their income globally based on an exchange rate that has yet to be defined, plus interest going back 6 years, even if they have already paid tax on it.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  2. #12

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    I read recently that there are plans in the 2021 budget that anyone who has saved a conversation with HMRC as a PDF will be liable to pay tax in the UK on their income globally based on an exchange rate that has yet to be defined, plus interest going back 6 years, even if they have already paid tax on it.
    I've told you to stop reading Brillo's misery blog.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  3. #13

    Fingers like lightning

    mattfx is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I've told you to stop reading Brillo's misery blog.
    To be fair, I could imagine a blog by Brillo to be highly entertaining.

  4. #14

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post
    To be fair, I could imagine a blog by Brillo to be highly entertaining.
    Not if you have an ounce of human pity in your hardened and cynical soul.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    HMRC is dead! Long live the Revenue Commissioners!

  6. #16

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    HMRC is dead! Long live the Revenue Commissioners!
    It was having them both on my back that was bothering me. To be fair, the Revenue Commissioners had my tax refund in my bank account three days after my tax return was filed.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  7. #17

    Fingers like lightning

    m0n1k3r is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I have the PDF of the conversation. That will do me fine.
    They will still contact you and you will have to (try to) convince them using that PDF.

  8. #18

    Fingers like lightning

    m0n1k3r is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    It was having them both on my back that was bothering me. To be fair, the Revenue Commissioners had my tax refund in my bank account three days after my tax return was filed.
    The Revenue Commissioners are also equally quick at refunding VAT (at least to an Irish business account, if you are registered for VAT in Ireland).

  9. #19

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m0n1k3r View Post
    The Revenue Commissioners are also equally quick at refunding VAT (at least to an Irish business account, if you are registered for VAT in Ireland).
    They're not so nice with the VRT, if it's them that do it....

  10. #20

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    They're not so nice with the VRT, if it's them that do it....
    They're no problem if you are paying VRT.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •