• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

circumcision without both parents consent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

circumcision without both parents consent

'No-consent' circumcision doctor will not be prosecuted - BBC News

So circumcision without both parents consent is not assault according to our political masters.. what do we all think?

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

So circumcision without both parents consent is not assault according to our political masters.. what do we all think?

I think you have to be a complete prick to get circumcised.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

groan ltd

Regarding the parents, it's no skin off their nose.

Comment

After the "last post" thread this morning it seems CUK has lost more than a foreskin.

Comment

In general terms (for a clinically indicated procedure), consent by either parent (or the child if capable - obviously not the case for an infant) is sufficient.

For infant circumcision that is not clinically indicated, I would be more fussed about whether or not it should be allowed at all, rather than whether it should require one or two parents to consent. I can never quite make my mind up on this one, in terms of the balance of the rights of the child within the context of the ancient rituals of the Jewish community which is obviously a community that has undergone significant persecution historically. Islamic circumcision is more flexible around the age of the boy.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            In general terms (for a clinically indicated procedure), consent by either parent (or the child if capable - obviously not the case for an infant) is sufficient.

For infant circumcision that is not clinically indicated, I would be more fussed about whether or not it should be allowed at all, rather than whether it should require one or two parents to consent. I can never quite make my mind up on this one, in terms of the balance of the rights of the child within the context of the ancient rituals of the Jewish community which is obviously a community that has undergone significant persecution historically. Islamic circumcision is more flexible around the age of the boy.
            Maybe the African ritual(ancient and modern) of FGM should be allowed?

Comment

I can think of no worse torture. Shove bamboo shoots up my fingernails, anything but circum... ughh can't even type it.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Maybe the African ritual(ancient and modern) of FGM should be allowed?
                If you think so.

I disagree though, because the impact on the child is significantly greater, so the balance of interest would tip entirely towards the interest of the child and away from any interests of cultural groups. If you disagree, then I guess you could start campaigning for a law change, but you're a sick **** IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I can think of no worse torture. Shove bamboo shoots up my fingernails, anything but circum... ughh can't even type it.
                  Worse than a night in the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    If you think so.

I disagree though, because the impact on the child is significantly greater, so the balance of interest would tip entirely towards the interest of the child and away from any interests of cultural groups. If you disagree, then I guess you could start campaigning for a law change, but you're a sick **** IMHO.
                    Whoosh.........

I am questioning whether rituals should be allowed.

God you are thick.

Missing sassy already?

Comment

Working...
                    X