• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Utter **********!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well it was Gordon Brown's lot, so not really a government as such, more a clustershag of idiocy interspersed with some hideous gurning...
    they were voted in by the UK electorate,and, therefore, the government.
    <krap as they may have been>
    IMMHO it's a disgrace that people are now being penalised for doing what was suggested to be the right thing by their elected rulers.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      they were voted in by the UK electorate,and, therefore, the government.
      <krap as they may have been>
      IMMHO it's a disgrace that people are now being penalised for doing what was suggested to be the right thing by their elected rulers.
      He wasn't the leader when they were voted in <modsnip>. The one thing one can never expect of governments is consistency, unless you have a strong desire to be consistently screwed over...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

He wasn't the leader when they were voted in (<modsnip>). The one thing one can never expect of governments is consistency, unless you have a strong desire to be consistently screwed over...
        and there i was, thinking this thread was about diesels
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 12 November 2017, 06:37. Reason: It still can be.

Comment

He wasn't the leader when they were voted in..
          What's that got to do with anything? Do you not understand how the British political system works?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is going to backfire big time.

Most cars are on finance with a guaranteed buy back after a few years. By doing this they’ll impact the value of diesel cars which will be less than the guaranteed buyback, leaving the car companies with shed loads of cars / bad loans.

Result financial crash 2.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

quit the moaning.
              If they get another few billion from diesel that's a few billion less they need from elsewhere.
              I think they should scrap car tax and put it all on fuel as that taxes the use of roads better/fairer.

It also means that big **** off V8s will plummet in price and then I can buy one.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If they get another few billion from diesel that's a few more billion they can waste somewhere
                FTFY
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  What's that got to do with anything? Do you not understand how the British political system works?
                  Nothing, but as you deleted my explanation and gave me a yellow card (sorry ref, I was going for the ball, honest) it doesn't really matter.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    quit the moaning.
                    If they get another few billion from diesel that's a few billion less they need from elsewhere.
                    I think they should scrap car tax and put it all on fuel as that taxes the use of roads better/fairer.

It also means that big **** off V8s will plummet in price and then I can buy one.
                    Well, they're going to get nothing from electric cars, so it makes sense to make hay now.

Comment

Well, they're going to get nothing from electric cars, so it makes sense to make hay now.
                      how long do you think that will last?
                      5 years I reckon. They just need a way to differentiate between electric use for travel and keeping warm.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X